Band Saw fences

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Barrett

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so a few days in to using my new Dewalt 738, the first bandsaw I have ever used, I can start to see what some people mean about needing to replace the standard rip fence with something more accurate. Could someone share their solution please?

Also, I see that a mitre fence might be useful. I could buy a DeWalt one for about £21, but might that be similarly inaccurate?

Paul I bought an Incra V27 mitre gauge - the cheapest in their range at £49 - it is vastly better than my original mitre gauge but at a cost. I made my own band saw table & fence using a design in ShopNotes - its a big improvement but it requires work. If you want detail PM me
Barry

hi i have the axminster rip fence on my circular saw found it very good and good value. will fit a bandsaw is about £50.

Paul

What's\ the problem? I can see why many would want to change their tablesaw fence, but not the ebandsaw fence. Have you set the blade properly?
I have a charnwood and the fence is small but perfectly adequate for ripping, re-sawing etc.

Back