Back`s who would have one !!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cry:

NO better today , in fact I think its worse :cry:

Just phoned and cancelled work until Monday , see how I feel then :cry:

No woodturning or chisel sharpening either

Still , I can manage to hook up on the in toe net

about to trawl ebay , see what I can find :lol:

Woodworkers must be gluttons for punishment but if we're compairing scars how about a broken back removal of my coccyx crushed pelvis damaged hip joint and two broken legs... and all this in 1976 when I was 12...

1979, climbing the stairs from Level One in Phase Two at Coleraine....fell UP stairs; twisted to save the apparatus I was carrying.....

Tips:

Get into a door frame and brace your spine off one side, arms straight and hands locked onto the other side. You can now cough or sneeze, without the 'whiplash' effect making you pass out.

Algipan. (= Chilli paste). Apply to skin above sore place. WASH HANDS. WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY. ON NO ACCOUNT, SCRATCH NOSE OR RUB EYELIDS AFTER USING ALGIPAN....DAMHIKT. Assuming you have not burnt out your septum or been blinded, you should find the chilli paste has increased blood flow to the damaged area and somehow (flushes inflammatory chemicals away?) eases your discomfort. You can now sleep, for the first time in several days.

Lie on back on floor - any sort. Raise legs and simultaneously bend, so that they end up folded on your tum/chest. This straightens out the curvature of the spine and slightly stretches twingey bits. Works for me. Serious injuries, check with GP or Witchdoctor (Chiropractor) FIRST. If you find it does help, lift your head up too, so that your forehead meets your kness. No, I HATE yoga....this is home-brewed.

Physioterrorists are angels The Late J.C. got mad at and sent down here to teach 'em a lesson in humility. I've yet to find one that hasn't had magic in their fingers....Oh, goes soft and goey at the thought....call one! They are soooooo worth it for relief from the pain.

Whoever invented Co-coprodamol can have any early biblical reward he choses to name. Come to think of it, MY firstborn is probably more of a penance than a gift. Maybe we shouldn't develop that theme.

SammieQ":129j2899 said:
Get into a door frame and brace your spine off one side, arms straight and hands locked onto the other side. You can now cough or sneeze, without the 'whiplash' effect making you pass out.

Oh yes sir-ree. I used the "door frame for sneezing" thing extensively last year. I got quite adept at predicting sneezes and rushing the to the nearest doorway and waiting there for ages for sometime never-to-materialise sneezes. Still better safe than sorry!

adam

Next month it will be three years since i done my back in,two of my vertebrae at the bottom end decided they would like to move out of place and push on my spinal cord,most days i can`t get out of bed until the painkillers kick in.Some days i can do things ,other days i can`t even drive half a mile to the paper shop .Hard to believe i used to be a big strong person and now i can`t walk 20 yards without stopping in pain.Still waiting for surgery after all this time.

5 days on and no sign of improvement

had a sneezing fit today :oops: :roll:

sh-t that hurts , don't know weather to laugh or cry :cry:

Work keep ringing asking am I back " tomorrow "

yer right !!

Back