Baby Walker (or how to make a meal out of a simple project)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Wizer - well done.
Nice design and well executed. I hope the little one enjoys it. My little #3 was just using the one I made yesterday and looking very chuffed!
Cheers
Gidon

woodbloke":301ofdzg said:
Wizer - nice, crisp piece of work. I've got that little DW palm sander as well, good piece of kit. Did you know that you can got hold of an adaptor doohickie thingie from a DW agent so that you can use it with a shop vac? Makes a big difference in use :wink: - Rob

My Dewalt palm sander has just stopped working - out of warranty aswell. I guess the cost of repair would be prohibitive when compared to buying another new one.

A complex piece like that really utilizes every piece of complex machinery you have recently purchased. :lol:

Aidan

I simply could not have completed the project without them... ;)

Well today was the big day. I was gobsmacked when I held her up to it and she grabbed it marching off across the room! She's been playing with it all day and it's not flipped once, she can even pull herself up on it.

Dsc_0244.jpg

Mummy and Daddy have finally ushered the last relative out that door and are pooped... and today wasn't even the party! 10 babies and lots of rellies this saturday... kids are great fun :roll: :wink:

wizer":31iokl7p said:
Well today was the big day. I was gobsmacked when I held her up to it and she grabbed it marching off across the room! She's been playing with it all day and it's not flipped once, she can even pull herself up on it.

Dsc_0244.jpg

Mummy and Daddy have finally ushered the last relative out that door and are pooped... and today wasn't even the party! 10 babies and lots of rellies this saturday... kids are great fun :roll: :wink:

:D Excellent - she looks a very happy customer, Tom!

Time to start designing her first bed, now!! :lol:

Awesome, seeing your little girl having fun with it makes it an even better piece! :D So much more fun than furniture, eh!

I'll be making my little one (18mths) a bed soon - we'll have to swap ideas...!

Cheers

Gary

Cheers chaps, I'm so proud.

I've already got the bed covered actually. We bought a solid oak nursery set from Mamas and Papas. The cot converts to a bed and then to a day bed when she out grows it. We spent so much money on it that she'll still be sleeping in it when she's 16 :D

Next project for her will be a toy chest which has been in the planning stage for quite some months. Tho, I want to squeeze in a jewellery box for missus before xmas.

sorry Phil, will have to be this afternoon. Check back about 3pm.

The box is 270mm x 480mm x 80mm and the overall height is 530mm with the wheels

All the parts are roughly 15mm thick and the bottom was a piece of 6mm oak veneered mdf. Wheels and axles from hobbies of derham. Dowel dia 24mm (not 25 or 22 :roll: :wink: )

Ask if you need anything else.

Thanks Wizer, I got my hardware from Hobbies after your suggestion The only problem about the wheels though, is the bowler hat has to be glued to the wheel :? My dimensions were not far off yours,

Cheers

Phil

I didn't get the bowler hat things, just used the hub cap thingies, worked well and removeable.

wizer":1y43ersu said:
've already got the bed covered actually. We bought a solid oak nursery set from Mamas and Papas. The cot converts to a bed and then to a day bed when she out grows it. We spent so much money on it that she'll still be sleeping in it when she's 16 :D
Which M&P set did you go for Wizer? We have bought the Ocean set, which was bluddy expensive :shock: , but once the nipper getss too big for the cot then the wardrobe, drawers etc are not really baby oriented so should realistically last forever...

Cheers

Mark

yeh Ocean. Lovely, but enough to feed a 3rd world country for a few years

Back