Baby Smoother

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Here is my latest plane - a tiny little smoother. And no, it's not for smoothing babies....... :lol:
Timber is Goncalo Alves, iron is bedded at 55 degrees (a Philly-made O1 iron of course) iron is 40mm wide. I also incorporated a boxwood wear strip in front of the (very tight!) mouth.
Finish is boiled linseed oil and a coat of wax.
More pics here...
Cheers
Philly :D
DSCF6625.jpg

An absolute beaut.

You feel you're getting the hang of these planes then eh? :wink: :lol:

Thanks Gents! :D
I really should put a serial on them but then the Missus would know how much time I waste making planes instead of doing DIY around the house..... :lol:

Hi Philly

Well done, that's a beautiful piece of work.

Philly":1sm1ybcf said:
I really should put a serial on them but then the Missus would know how much time I waste making planes instead of doing DIY around the house..

Now why does that sound familiar. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Philly

Nice work. Did you centre that stripe of dark grain in the middle of the wedge on purpose? I bet you did!

Regards.

Thank you, thank you! :D
Derek, yes is it laminated! I use mdf cauls when gluing up to spread the clamping pressure. Gives a pretty good glue joint :wink:
Evergreen - would I do something like that?? Yup.... :lol:
Cheers

Hmmmm, the last one didn't look laminated either...I think Philly is spending his nights chiseling out the waste but doesn't actually want to admit it. Eh Philly?

Muy purdy. Still havent ordered that tool steel.

Cheers Mike

Philly

Good to see your still making those excellent planes, only today the other 2 woodkateers commented that they don't have a set of profile planes. Bloody cheek I thought.

Very nice Phil, but you should have finished it with Johnson's.
:lol:
Hat, coat, door...

Now there's a thought, Nick! Finished with baby oil - there's a marketing masterstroke :lol:
Waka the two full sets of hollows and rounds in rosewood are going to take a little while. Oh yeah......... :lol:
Cheers

Philly":ul6xz3o5 said:
Now there's a thought, Nick! Finished with baby oil - there's a marketing masterstroke :lol:
Waka the two full sets of hollows and rounds in rosewood are going to take a little while. Oh yeah......... :lol:
Cheers

Have you run out of cocobola?

Latest posts

Back