Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytim1458

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to Axminster main warehouse yesterday with the Gloucestershire woodturners that I am a member of.
Great place, plenty to see, full day of demonstratives and how they have come about making new stuff using their own woodturners and others saying could you make me a one off of something just to get this job done and it works so well that the put it into production then run hundreds off.
When we were going round the workshop, warehouse etc. a lot of the guys reconised me from about 3 years ago when the UkWorkshop forum members organised a trip down and and they asked how everyone was doing on the site and if we were going to organise another trip down.
It would be a great idea if the UkWorkshop forum members organised another trip down sometime, plus it would give the members a chance to meet up with each other.
I loved the demonstration of the wooden jigs etc being made and finding them being so handy and useful that they put them into full production.

What do you think would any members go again Or new members go for the first time.

Tim

bit far for me I am afraid, but well done for trying to organise something. By all accounts it was a very good day last time.

I wish they would do the Shepton Mallet shows again a good but expensive day out!
As my mate would say, "who spends most wins"! And he usually did!
Regards Rodders.

Latest posts

Back