Axminster Routalift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borntoyawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've somehow managed to lose the set of insert rings/reducers that came with my Axminster Routalift.

I've tried Axminster, who've been really helpful trying to track some down, but no joy yet.

I think it may have been made by Jessem. My one is black with white writing - it says Axminster Routalift on it. Does anybody know where I might get some?

Cheers,

John

Have you tried emailing jessem directly? They may be able to send the parts out or put you in touch with a uk supplier. I think axminster get a lot of their goods through Brimarc, they also may be able to help :)

Right, John,
I've got to say I am not impressed with your behavior, I went out of my way to find a link to the items I believe you need and despite revisiting this forum several times since I posted you have not acknowledged by post. I find this ignorant and rude but most importantly for new members coming along behind you, it discourages me and possibly other members from offering help and advice. Everyone is welcome here and everyone does what they can to help, but a simple acknowledgement to say thanks that's it or thanks but that's not it, is just common courtesy not to say good manners. It also means if you now have the information you want other members don't waste their time trying to solve a problem that has already been sorted and vice versa. So get your head out of your butt tell us if you have what you need or not, this forum isn't a government funded drop in centre for out of work hedge mumpers, it works on the goodwill of the members and right now I ain't got none.
Richard

:shock: That's telling him.....not sure I actually disagree mind you. "Hedge mumpers" .....don't have those in Norn Iron....St Patrick must have drummed them out too. :-"

Richard S":3cd1easg said:
Right, John,
I've got to say I am not impressed with your behavior, I went out of my way to find a link to the items I believe you need and despite revisiting this forum several times since I posted you have not acknowledged by post. I find this ignorant and rude but most importantly for new members coming along behind you, it discourages me and possibly other members from offering help and advice. Everyone is welcome here and everyone does what they can to help, but a simple acknowledgement to say thanks that's it or thanks but that's not it, is just common courtesy not to say good manners. It also means if you now have the information you want other members don't waste their time trying to solve a problem that has already been sorted and vice versa. So get your head out of your butt tell us if you have what you need or not, this forum isn't a government funded drop in centre for out of work hedge mumpers, it works on the goodwill of the members and right now I ain't got none.
Richard

Well said

Roger

It is annoying when you spend time trying to help others and get no acknowlegement - I always try to help when I feel I can offer practical advice.

However, in this case the criticism seems a bit harsh and certainly not encouraging to new members. The thing to bear in mind are the time scales - the original post was made on Monday at lunchtime and the two answers with suggestions were made the same afternoon and very late evening. Agreed that there was no response the very next day it still seems harsh to complain on Wednesday morning - only two days after the initial post.

I try to look at the forum every morning and although retired have other responsibilities that sometimes preclude this and I often miss a few days.

I've always found this a useful and friendly site where I can get a lot of help, often very quickly and I hope it continues in that way.

Misterfish

Mister fish, if you read my post properly you will see I cover the exact points you raise, but how much longer will it remain a friendly, helpful forum if new members just duck in get what they want and pineapple off without so much as a by your leave. In point of fact the op had revisited the forum on at least two occasions between his original post and mine, I stand by what I said, the guy's an buttocks.

I was just trying to calm the waters to give the OP a chance to say 'whoops, sorry and especially thanks' . But it seems he visited the forum yesterday evening and still no reply or reaction! So 'nuff said.

Misterfish

When im in a rush I view the latest posts on tapatalk. Depending how busy I am I just click the box that says mark all as read and that's the end of. If ive got extra time I browse the forum by each section and often surprise myself how many interesting posts ive missed :-o - a few have been ones I've originally started ( embarrassed icon smile )

I have to agree about the lack of acknowledgement. I miss the warm glow created by a 'thank you' - even if it advises that information I posted did NOT help - and it does tend to make me less inclined to post responses on the few other topics where I feel I can help.

Just like bifold-door-track-and-hinges-t67420.html - a couple of us offered suggestions, but 10 days later, nothing from the OP.

It is fair to think that a response SHOULD come fairly quickly, since it is to be assumed that the OP is trying to solve a current problem.

I guess its just good manners really, to respond even if you have found an answer elsewhere.

eek, I don't know what to say, but I'll start with sorry. I check the forums every day, to the point of addiction. However, I didn't spot a reply, and added to that I didn't receive any emails telling me I had one. After that I completely forgot I'd asked here (Axminster gave me an answer - the Jessom ones should fit but are pricey).

If you've spotted my other questions you'll see I do normally respond. Why respond today? I've just seen the "View your posts link".

So sorry, and thanks.

Fair enough BTY, your explanation and apology are graciously accepted and there are no hard feelings, in retrospect I may have been a little over the top in my rant, however I stand by the principal of a lack of acknowledgement not helping future posters obtain as much help as possible and as such I would urge all members to give timely feedback on help and suggestions offered.
Cheers
Richard

Richard S":29u3vi4l said:
Fair enough BTY, your explanation and apology are graciously accepted and there are no hard feelings, in retrospect I may have been a little over the top in my rant, however I stand by the principal of a lack of acknowledgement not helping future posters obtain as much help as possible and as such I would urge all members to give timely feedback on help and suggestions offered.
Cheers
Richard

Too right you were. you told someone to buzz off and called them an "buttocks" because he didn't reply? :shock:

Its a forum where there is no obligation to reply, no obligation to thank, no obligation to read etc. Its not necessarily bad manners the fluid nature of these sorts of communications means not everything gets followed up etc. Better to see it that way than hanging around your computer, getting cross.

Selly I was trying to be magnanimous, I still stand by what I said! It was a situation between me and the OP and pineapple all to do with you so wind your neck in an mind your own business you sanctimonious pineapple

Hey Selly take a chill pill- you sound like the sanctimonious pineapple on this thread- just cause people don't agree with you . Tough , that is what a forum is about,. Its not big and certainly not clever to tell some one else to wind their neck in. If you post contentious and insulting comments expects some back. If you don't like it then don't start it.

Richard S":2huwc90t said:
Selly I was trying to be magnanimous, I still stand by what I said! It was a situation between me and the OP and pineapple all to do with you so wind your neck in an mind your own business you sanctimonious pineapple

Its a public forum. I thought it was a disgrace to write what you wrote to that bloke who forgot to reply. Most of us wouldn't treat anyone in public like that so why do it behind a computer screen just because someone forgot to say thanks?

Why didn't you send him a pm asking for a thankyou from him instead of insulting the man for heavens sake? Magnanimous? Hmm, right, yeah....

Shed Boy you are a silly billy, you have contributed nothing to this forum except jumping on the back of someone elses argument. If you took the time to read the thread properly you would see the underlying reason behind my response to the op. I made a comment, the op saw fit to apologise, I acknowledged that apology, where the pineapple to you fit into this? And as for not expecting contensious comments, I really don't give a pineapple and I think you will find if you bother your 4rse to look that the majority of other posters acctually agreed with the sentiment of my post, my issue is with people that dig up old posts just to stir the dung.
Selly you must be a stupid foul language alert too, it wasn't the thank you I was particularly bothered about it was an acknowledgement that the question had been answered to the op's satisfaction, read the pineapple-ing post instead of jumping to half baked conclusions, its you who are hiding behind the computer screen. I made a comment, the op saw fit to apologise, I acknowledged, oh you get the message I'm just repeating myself for a pair of tw4ts.
Stop raking up old dung, it was dead and burried until you came along.

You need to take something for your tourette's mate. You must be on something.

Back