Axminster Rider No. 62 Low Angle Jack Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read the Axminster reviews on this plane. Does anyone have one of these, and using different bevel angles if so what do they think?
Ta.

my father in law has one, I sharpen and reground it for him a few months back, he doesn't use it much but is very happy with it, I was impressed by the casting and the sole was flat with only a slight hollow behind the blade. when he bought it, he went in to the store (joy of having one local), the gentleman behind the counter when though and picked him out one he thought was good, then put the other to one side for a fettle.

pollys13":1knqsmxe said:
I've read the Axminster reviews on this plane. Does anyone have one of these, and using different bevel angles if so what do they think?
Ta.
I have one in the 'shop and it's a good piece of kit. The sole is flat for all practical purposes, there's a decent, thick, tool steel iron and the handle/tote is made from oiled Indian rosewood. It works really well and is as good to use as my standard low angle Veritas jack. The reviews on this plane are accurate - Rob

Latest posts

Back