Axminster 'Perform' router cutters:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've always been a bit dubious about 'cheap' router cutters.....and not over impressed with APTC cutters bought some years back.

However, economics overrode my scepticism recently, wanting some fielding cutters and a Torus cutter for architraves and skirting.

The horizontal panel raising cutter was £32.39 compared with CMT's £62.34, OK - the dimensions are slightly smaller - but not appreciably so. Presumably all the other prices in comparison would be similarly lower.

The results: excellent!.....particularly the Torus cutter ( used the most so far)...has cut a total of 60 metres in one session and a fine finish. Although better now that I've removed the bearing - why put a bearing on a cutter that should only be used in a stationary machine ??

Can't vouch for the rest of the range - but worth trying....

Chris

Chris,

I have a small but growing collection of Perform cutters, not had a bad one yet. :D

The bearing is useful if you are machining curved work.

I have a collection of perform cutters accumulated over 4 years and have not yet needed to dispose any to the bin todate.
The rebate cutter has had a lot of use (picture frames) and is still going strong.

Totally agree, the Perform cutters are almost astonishingly good value. The Rebate cutter esp, 17 squids and it gets endless use making frames.

Most of my router cutters are these ones, have tried a couple of CMT and Frued Pro cutters, but to be honest I just didn't think they were worth double the price of these ones IMHO.