Axminster K10 vs. Supernova 2?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nads

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m fairly new to woodturning (I’ve been having lessons for the last 5 months) and have just been given an old Draper WTL 12 :) . It’s a real beginners lathe and I’m looking at upgrading by the end of the year, once I get some cash together :wink: .

My question for you guys is - I want to get a chuck that will be ok for this machine and then my next upgraded machine? So for this reason I’ve decided that although the Axminster Precision chucks are meant to be very good it would be too big for my current lathe. So after reading lots of the treads on chucks I’ve decided that either the Axminster K10 or the new Supernova 2 would be good options for me :? ?

The Supernova 2 seems to be better quality and gets good reviews, but there seems to be a bigger choice of accessories / different jaws for the K10. Another advantage of the K10 is any additional jaws I buy could be used on the Axminster Precision chuck too, if I choose to upgrade that at a later date?

I’m currently mainly turning bowls and platters, but would like the chuck to be versatile as I would like to get into spindle work too!

Could anyone give me any advice on which chuck is better? Plus does anyone own both chucks that could say which they prefer? Any advise would be great!

Thanks All

Nads

Latest posts

Back