Axminster Hobby Series AWEPT106 Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleb

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster Hobby Series AWEPT106 Planer Thicknesser

Item condition:Seller refurbished
“RRP £649.94 - Please See Details*”
Ended:13 Dec, 2015 20:00:11 GMT
Winning bid:£640.00[ 22 bids ]
Postage:Free Economy Delivery.............wow, someone had a bargain.

it wasnt the greatest bargain out there, but they probably saved £40 on delivery and there is no stock at axminster. should also be warranted by the seller, which I would guess is axminster, so is effectively new.

the problem is that the free delivery is probably hermes, so it will be left in next doors garden!

No, free delivery from Axminster with their own transport on new kit. The eBay warranty isn't usually the full year either(although for £64 they could extend the warranty).
Plus if you order now or buy from a store (and they do have stock in at least my local store), the price includes a free mobile base worth £70.

Someone has got carried away and wasted their money, the listing even mentioned the rrp of £649.

I watched this and was stunned, a bit of eBay madness. But Axminster did nothing wrong, as you say they gave the necessary information for potential buyers to make a rational decision, just they chose not to.

Terry.

marcros":139crzva said:
the problem is that the free delivery is probably hermes, so it will be left in next doors garden!

Wow, your local Hermes person must be employee of the month. If it were us it would be dumped in bushes by the side of the road.

Never had a problem with Hermes here. I guess it's down the the individual who delivers. We must be lucky and have a responsible one. :)

I was interested at £500 but have decided to go for the CT1502 planer unless something else comes along while saving the pennies. I just don't understand some E-bayers.
I am new to all this and as I understand it, a planer will do the same as a thicknesser...bb

doubleb":1qs6evog said:
I am new to all this and as I understand it, a planer will do the same as a thicknesser...bb
Not at all.
I think you need to do a bit of research on the differences before making a potentially expensive mistake.

marcros":5f1vuu1l said:

That sounds pretty decent compared to my local hardware shop. I ordered two sheets of ply for delivery. He threw them over the wall of the back garden and when I complained to him and asked him to help me get them in the workshop..... He told me to f*** off!!

Back