Axminster compertition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Morris

Established Member
Reaction score
I received an email from Axminster, detailing an upcoming compertition, might be of interest to you guys. Here is an exsert, I would imagine they would have full details on their site http://www.axminster.co.uk/

"The competition is open to all woodturners. One of the key elements is that your work must be turned from wood grown in and native to the UK; ideally sourced from the New Forest.

It is a great opportunity to showcase your work in the New Forest Trust's marquee at the New Forest & Hampshire County Show from Tuesday 30th July to Thursday 1st August 2013"

Gary

Does it have to be from the new forest, or a species native to the area I wonder. I looked at the e-mail when it came in this morning and immediately decided not to enter. (mainly because I don't think my turning is up to it)

Out of interest, what is the view of the national park about taking wood from there? I would have thought that it wouldn't be welcomed?

I know it said that they are working in partnership with axminster, but would any country park mind regarding the removal of wood?

Back