Axminster Black Friday Jet 1015vs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Blackdog

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a sucker for a discount and bought myself the Jet JWL 1015vs from Axminster in their Black Friday sale.

I have been having withdrawal symptoms. My Nova 16-24 has been in storage since we moved two years ago. I don't have the space for it. I used to have the baby Perform 10" lathe, but traded for the Nova in search of power.

I'm looking forward to honing my skills again with some pens and boxes.

Does anyone have the JWL1015vs? Is it any good? Axminster rate it as Trade, but not sure how the 1/2 hp motor will cope.

Cheers

Steve

i have the 1014 (non vs). I have found it to be solid, and was tempted by the one that you have bought. What stopped me was that if I were to upgrade, I have some space for a larger capacity, but the 1014 does me for now.

I forget what trade means- part of it was running time, but IIRC some of it was to do with the amount of times you turn the machine on and off. when i turn pens, i often have to switch off for something a few times- to sand along the barrel with each grit. I selected the 1014 because it seemed to be trade rated than other small lathes.

Our club has one that we bought fairly recently. It's great for small stuff but will run out of capacity once you get into bigger bowls, longer spindles or heavier, out of true work.

Random Orbital Bob":3pmw5kmy said:
Our club has one that we bought fairly recently. It's great for small stuff but will run out of capacity once you get into bigger bowls, longer spindles or heavier, out of true work.

Small stuff is fine for what I want.

As my bandsaw is also in storage, I was wondering about using a jig saw to cut round blanks. I guess I could buy pre cut blanks, but it goes against the grain (no pun intended).

Cheers

Steve

Back