Axminster Basingstoke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike-W":neix8zf0 said:
Well I guess a queue at the checkout given the interest in the new store was to be expected
Actually the number of customers there was a lot less than I'd expected.
The length of the queue was down to inexperienced staff, failing tills and a daft way of serving people. It just shouldn't have taken so long to be dealt with, and I wasn't the only sufferer of delays.
Just a little disappointing given they'd been trading for a week already and staff training ought to have been done before they even opened. Getting some experienced staff in from their other branches for the weekend would have been prudent. Their loss really, I saw some people just abandon their goods and walk out, plus nice quick moving queues would mean people might have browsed and bought more, I probably would have done.

I am part of the team responsible for the new Axminster store and therefore I have a commercial interest in posting this reply.

Sorry that you did not get the opening offers on your purchases today. Please contact me by PM and I will get someone from customer service to solve this straightaway.

We have been delighted with the turnout for our first two days, and had drafted in many extra staff to help, however the sheer volume was a big test for our new store. We will be doing our best to solve this over the next few days. Please accept our apologies.

Martin

Rhossydd":3j1enq8e said:
Just got back and it was pretty chaotic.
One till working intermittently and one only taking cash, out of four that's not too clever.
Their stock control isn't working properly yet as there's stuff on the shelves they say isn't in stock and things that should be in stock missing.
Arriving at 9:59 and joining the till queue with five people in front of me, I didn't manage to get back out of the door until 10:55 despite having a type written list of items I wanted. Nearly fifty minutes just to deal with a single (helpful) customer ? I hope the later arrivals got better treatment. Hopefully the staff will learn how to use the tills and find stuff soon. The saving was worth the wait though.

I thought the guy giving the staff a hard time over the lack of goodie bags (they gave them all out on Saturday) was a bit pathetic though.

EDIT: Just waded through the separate invoice for the out of stock items I bought for later delivery and found that the lad serving me failed to apply the discount <grr> Let's hope APT's customer service will sort that mess out.

paulm":gg3une6e said:
Don't do crowds very well so left them to it and went back home for a cuppa and thought of how much money I'd saved, miserable git mode :lol:

Cheers, Paul

Completely agree Paul, I hate crowds, there are far too many people in England, it's overcrowded and it's becoming a pain, I notice the difference in the roads as soon as I emerge from the Eurotunnel, coming out at Calais I sigh with relief, coming out at Folkstone I grit my teeth and my blood pressure rises :lol: :lol: :lol:

Update;
I was contacted by APT customer services within two hours of the start of business on Monday and a refund offered for the lack of discount of the items due to be delivered.
All the out of stock items have just arrived by courier less than 48hrs of being ordered on a Sunday from the store.
I've also had letters of apology for the standard of service at the shop too, although it wasn't bad in anyway, just slow and I understand why.

It's difficult to see how they can improve on that for post sales service.
Thanks

Paul

Shame they don't reply to emails.

I emailed the high Wycombe store about a week ago to see if all stores were doing the 10% off and did they have stock of the festool kapex. They've not had the courtesy to reply to me.

chippy1970":3c609uo8 said:
Shame they don't reply to emails.
Not my experience. Every time I've contacted them by email I've had a response within 2hr of their business hours.

Back