Ax - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS, NAME BADGES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is where hobby v pro shows, I could think of nothing duller apart from going clothes shopping with the misses but I have a horrible feeling this will be very similar with lots of grown men going from item to item, screeching in delight, trying them all and still not sure which one to buy .... :lol: :lol:

Just had 10 mins to read the thread fully.

Well done to Rob and many thanks for his time and effort.

I live in Berkshire in Crowthorne just 15 miles due south of Reading, close to Wokingham and Bracknell.

I will be travelling down the M3 and either A303 or M27/A35/ to Axminster. If I can offer a lift to anyone then please contact me via Pm to arrange.

Al

Chaps, without wishing to stray into egg sucking areas, can I suggest that Order Forms are complete before we arrive at Axminster, so that they can be handed in at the Skill Centre (or wherever appropriate) and the stuff can be collected later on at the end of the day. For those unable to print off a form, SWIMBO has photocopied an extra 25 copies which I'll bring with me on the 9th - Rob

doctor Bob":yvtpjdwa said:
I think this is where hobby v pro shows, I could think of nothing duller apart from going clothes shopping with the misses but I have a horrible feeling this will be very similar with lots of grown men going from item to item, screeching in delight, trying them all and still not sure which one to buy .... :lol: :lol:

This isn't what the day entails is it?? I thought it was a walk around the factory where we see how they make the machines etc, whitness production and engineering for there products?. Myself am not that bothered about just seeing machine after machine in a sales room.

Regarding the order form. Im hoping if funds are not tight to come home with a floor standing pillar drill, are we able to order machines in the morning for collection when we leave?

Hudson Carpentry":3v0jy4mt said:
doctor Bob":3v0jy4mt said:

This isn't what the day entails is it?? I thought it was a walk around the factory where we see how they make the machines etc, whitness production and engineering for there products?. Myself am not that bothered about just seeing machine after machine in a sales room.

Regarding the order form. Im hoping if funds are not tight to come home with a floor standing pillar drill, are we able to order machines in the morning for collection when we leave?
Have another look at the itinere on p9 of this thread to see what's happening on the day. As for ordering a pillar drill...stick it on the order form and you can take it away at the end of the day, though buying stuff will only be a very small part of it as most of the day will be spent looking round the set up at Axminster (and it's very impressive) not forgetting of course, that it's going to be a major social event where we can meet new forum members and catch up on all the goss with old friends - Rob

Thanks woodbloke. I thought I had read what was happening somewhere, guess bob hasn't.

Can I request Water please in the studio. Tea makes me sick :duno: , even the smell and I just don't like coffee. Although ill probably be holding a bottle of cherry coke.

Hudson Carpentry":2xsae1lj said:
Thanks woodbloke. I thought I had read what was happening somewhere, guess bob hasn't.

Can I request Water please in the studio. Tea makes me sick :duno: , even the smell and I just don't like coffee. Although ill probably be holding a bottle of cherry coke.
I sent an updated list to Axminster last night, so I'll pass that request on during the course of today - Rob

Rob,

Sorry, just seen this but note you already have my full name correctly. Thanks for making all the arrangements.

I will be driving down from Oxfordshire so if anyone wants to car share please PM me.

Ian

Rob

Sadly got to pull out of visit. Social secretary has informed/decreed that I can't possibly drive back from Axi on Friday night to drive a similar distance north on Saturday for cousins wedding.

Unreasonable on several counts I thought, not least of which is have another damned relation getting married, it's not as if they do it once these days either this one must be third time if not more!!!

Still it frees up a space for somebody else and saves me from being on the "at risk of spending more money register".

Hope everybody has great day and doesn't come home too poor.

fluffflinger":1fjg1adn said:
Rob

Sadly got to pull out of visit. Social secretary has informed/decreed that I can't possibly drive back from Axi on Friday night to drive a similar distance north on Saturday for cousins wedding.

Unreasonable on several counts I thought, not least of which is have another damned relation getting married, it's not as if they do it once these days either this one must be third time if not more!!!

Still it frees up a space for somebody else and saves me from being on the "at risk of spending more money register".

Hope everybody has great day and doesn't come home too poor.
That's a shame Richard and damned uncharitable :lol: of your cousin to get married the day after this event...relations?...who'd have 'em! :lol: List amended accordingly - Rob

The closing date for this event, at Axminster's request, will be the 5th March at 9.00am...any forum member requesting to go after this deadline will have missed the boat! As well as signing-in on the day, all taking part will need to sign a 'confidentiality disclaimer' - Rob

Rob,

Sorry but I too have to pull out. Work commitments I'm afraid so mortgate wins over hobby!

Have a great day,

Simon

As I will be driving from Norfolk (you know that sticky out bum shaped bit of the country) will come down on Thursday - can anyone local recommend a decent B&B as will need to get my head down somewhere

If anyone can help could you pm me please

Cheers

Rog

Rob

Really looking forward to this, I am sure it will be a great day out. Thanks for organising it.

I know it has been said that the items in the secret auction will only be revealed on the day, but would it be at all possible to get the list, say the night before? I am looking through the catalogue, working out what I want to buy but have no idea of how much to save for the auction, or even if there will be anything that will interest me.

Any advance information would be appreciated.

Bob

Latest posts

Back