UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodturnerEric

Established Member
Reaction score
avatars,what a palarva,trying to get a photo down to 8 klb,just spent an hour and half trying to get various pics down to or below this size without succeeding,then wife comes in and saysuse a pic thats got more background than you in the pic,crop that as it`ll be smaller to start with instead of a full size face pic,I do hate it when their right,especialy when they perport not to know anything about that sort of thing,drives you mad,BUT,it bloomin worked didn`t it gggggrrrrrr,regards,

Eric.

Worth trying Faststone photo resizer. Its freeware. Made a big improvement to me. You can batch resize (and rename) entire file contents. I now take regular pics of a project.....upload to PC......new folder in the relevant pic file with smaller size or some such as a name....batch resize the whole project and deposit the smaller files in the new directory. Then anything you upload take from the resized file area and Bob's yer Uncle

For years I have used the free Irfanview program for most work with pics - it is very comprehensive and will do batch conversions for names/formats/sizes.

For individual pics, it does practically everything I want other than advanced techniques that are found in paintshop

It even has an editing tool that allows area colour changes or 'cloning' or adding text.

Download at http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Latest posts

Back