August Challenge ( The Results )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hot off the press from Richard our new Judge =D>
The results are as follows:

Over all, an excellent showing of jewelery, much of it would be very saleable. ( Richards comment )

First Place: 5 points Monkeybiter: Zebrano Bangle
Judges comments :- Classic design, very well exicuted, floorless finish, good choice of finish, designed to fit end user. Excellent job!

Second Place: 4 Points Haldane: Yew Braclet
Judges Comments :- As with the first place, I liked the excellent finish, simple but very effective shape and detail. Good choice of timber also.

Third Place: 3 Points Tpot: Necklace
Judges comments :- Another simple but effective design, my eye was drawn to this, the use of timber is excellent, using the very blackest of Blackwood, Oak is often not good for small scale work like this but this small piece has a flash of a ray in it and works really well. Another excellent finish.

Highly Commended: 1 Point Jonzjob- Cherry Bangle,
Judges comments :- Didn't come in the prizes as I'm not sure the Celtic pattern entirley works but the idea of laminating the wood to add strength is a very good one and deserves noting. A very good effort

Highly Commended: 1 Point Dennisk- Walnut Earings,
Judges comments :- commended for an excellent use of wood and very interesting design. I can't decide if they entirely work, not being a matching pair as such, but like wise, I'm not sure if this is a problem either. Very clever design, well done!

If anyone else would like my feedback I would be happy to give it either by PM or on the forum.

Well done everyone that entered!! and this month we see some new winners =D> :mrgreen:

Hope you all enjoyed this months Challenge :lol:

Congratulations to the winners of what was a particularly hard month (in my opinion). I very much liked the winning entry.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'll be pleased to get back to full sized stuff. In truth a very good challenge which gets several more firsts under the belt.

yep, another worthy winner, well done to all =D>

it seems from the comments during posting that the most common frustrations were down to the chucking and holding difficulties. it was definitely a challenge. well done blister.

and can we change next months challenge to a bowl. i think ive just made my nicest one yet :D

Well done all, amazing to see all very different ideas !

Thanks again Blister.

L

Great Entries and deserving winners!

Also like to compliment duncanh, as I thought his was nice piece, especially with it being reversible!

PHIL

Hey, I got into the top five! I thought there might be some more earrings type things in pendants or such. I really liked Woodspoilers bangle as well. Congrats to all. Thanks Richard. DK

Hudson Carpentry":3w30fto1 said:
Well done to all the 16 :s entries this month. The board has been updated http://79.170.44.151/ukworkshop-comp.co.uk/
The "last months top 3" will indeed auto update once its September tonight at 12am.

#-o ive fallen out of the top ten! gonna have to pull something out of the hat for this month :)
lets hope its a vase shaped hat :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm stunned. I've only just got back online since the !#~~**s nicked the telephone cables three days ago, blocked at work, and now I have to do a back-flip! :D

This comp. just gets better and better. Thanks Alan.

As normal the total scores:

20 (2 hc) - duncanh
19 - Wood spoiler
16 (1 hc) - Silverbirch
14 - Haldane
12 - monkeybiter
11 (3 hc) - Blister
11 (1 hc) - Jonzjob
10 (1 hc) - Paul.J
9 (2 hc) - myturn
9 (1 hc) - johnny.t.
9 (1 hc) - Nev