Auction FINISHED Anarchist box full of goodies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/aucti ... 800ed7be7#

Lots of other old woodworking tools going through. Watch live as a guest or log in to bid. Entertaining to watch with photo's of each tool as it's being bid on.

For instance
plane.JPG

Attachments

• plane.JPG
    plane.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,367
Thanks for that I watched for a while, very interesting but way out of my league. A tenner at the car-boot is more my style. :)

Looked at their T&Cs - of course the hammer price is just the start of what it costs .....

The Anarchists tool chest donated and made by Christopher Schwartz, filled with brand new hand tools to the value of over £5k sold for £2800 in the room. What a steal someone got!

When I sa it there today it was a real eye candy but I am not surprised about the price. It was auction for vintage collectors and whole chest was new.

Just got back for the auction, it was a great day.

£2800!! wow someone really did get a bargain, screw the chest (which was lovely by the way) - there was a Holtey No. 10 mitre plane inside! I know these cost more than that alone...

Can't understand when someone auctions something like that why they don't put a reserve price on it. They knew the market value of the new tools.

Would have been better to have sold raffle tickets for it - they would have raised more.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Graham Orm":m58ixe39 said:
72 inch...6FT!!!!!

Hello,

This is not unusual. Coopers pulled the wood over the plane, which would be propped up at an angle between the floor and stool, or bench or whatever, so they had to be long. They did not push planes like these.

Mike.

It was in an auction primarily of vintage/antique tools for collectors and they are not going to be particularly interested in modern day stuff however nice it is.

Well, you could knock me down with a feather. Had a quick tot up of the cost of the tools and it would seem someone has got everything at about half price! I'm not in a position to bid but I would of never gone for as low as £2800.00, I would of thought at least the value of the contents or very close to it. Hindsight being what it is ebay with a reserve could of been worth a look or perhaps a smaller chest with less stuff in it. Pleased for whoever has it to enjoy!

G S Haydon":1a53a1na said:
Well, you could knock me down with a feather. Had a quick tot up of the cost of the tools and it would seem someone has got everything at about half price! I'm not in a position to bid but I would of never gone for as low as £2800.00, I would of thought at least the value of the contents or very close to it. Hindsight being what it is ebay with a reserve could of been worth a look or perhaps a smaller chest with less stuff in it. Pleased for whoever has it to enjoy!

I think (as stated previously) it was in the wrong auction Graham. Great for the buyer, I just hope they won't just list them on Ebay for a fast buck. That would make it a doubly sad day for the sellers. I think they should have had a reserve set.

I also think that the auctioneer was too fast with most stuff. Had I been wishing to bid I doubt my bid would have reached them so quick was he to bang his gavel!

Surely someone would just make a profit by re selling it? I bet K.H. is pineappled!

Adidat

adidat":2dk6p9z8 said:
Surely someone would just make a profit by re selling it?...........
Adidat
Well that's what most auctions I've been to are about. Most antiques/works of art/rarities bought at auctions are by dealers as stock, investments and to resell at a profit.

Back