Attempt at some joinery!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabs

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Project in progress.

20230327_182534.jpg

An attempt at making a log store using hand tools only,

4:12 pitch, the front lower section with have a flippyflappy weather shield on it, the upper section may have a couple shelves in it for milk / eggs etc.

It's teaching me some creative ways of doing stuff e.g for the flipflap socket at the front I used a little hand driven spindle sander made out of some shaved down dowel stock with a slot and then just some wire and CA to hold it together

20230327_181323.jpg20230327_181637.jpg

20230327_182428.jpg20230327_182523.jpg
20230327_200822.jpg

Can be disassembed with a spanner

This the first fix / assembly of the end panel for little pent design. My angle on the front M&T is off so I may recut it and put some kind of adjustable standoff at the base anyway.

I'd welcome criticism etc as I post as will incorporate any advice into it as I go

Fancier than mine that was just lap joints. If you usually buy logs, useful to make the size to hold 2 deliveries - I get builders bulk bags so sized it to take two of those, that way you can reorder when halfway through and have space for them without having to run out first.
Also consider how you will allow for good airflow whilst keeping the rain off.

All the joinery will be covered by cladding and logs so don’t worry about practicing and them being a bit sloppy.
Once the cladding is on it’ll hold the whole thing firm

Thanks Tom. I'm quickly recognising the absolute value in planning and marking up everything properly prior to any actual chopping / cutting.

I've noticed some woodworkers have absorbed a design( or a few) over many years. then they always refer back to it when the time comes.

Latest posts

Back