Attaching MFC or MFMDF face frame

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be making some fitted wardrobes in a recess using some existing doors. I want to attach a face frame made out of either MFC or MFMDF to the wardrobes and then attach the doors to this. I don’t want the fixings to be seen from the outside and wanted to know a suitable method of doing this.

Thanks
Suggs

engineer one":1kuqvya3 said:
basically kitchen door hinges will do. they are suitable for this too.

paul :wink:

How will hinges hold a face frame?

You will have to resort to dowels or biscuits in the front edge of the carcase and matching holes in the back of the face frame. Someway of holding the frame to the carcase while the glue sets will have to be worked out but you may be lucky and have tight biscuits/dowels.

If you are not so worried about how the inside will look and you have a decent overhang then connector blocks will do

Jason

Jason

Suggs":1hz5xe83 said:
I don’t want the fixings to be seen from the outside and wanted to know a suitable method of doing this.

Kreg pocket screws from inside the wardrobe into the rear of the face frame would do nicely. This way you won't have the nightmare of having to line up biscuit slots. The pocket holes can be covered with wood inserts.

Back