Assault!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Rights before responsiblities!'
The mantra of the left I fear.
One wonders what sort of adults they will grow to become?

Roy.

Digit":aj9khpsx said:
'Rights before responsiblities!'
The mantra of the left I fear.
One wonders what sort of adults they will grow to become?

Ones who puppy cuss and whine at the staff whenever a school tries to discipline their offspring, probably.

Your 'Dig' is noted Jake but perhaps you should read my posts again. I have stressed again and again that, not that my grandson should not be dealt with, but the manner is open to question IMO.
I will try again.
Instead of the matter being dealt with in the class room a 'full investiagtion will be carried out!'
What a waste of time.
A full investigation includes a right of appeal, teachers are being overruled some 60 percent of the time.
So if the boy is returned the teacher loses credibility, as the teachers state. This does not serve to maintain discipline nor install respect for any authority,
Who wins then?
A chat with the lad stressing the dangers and his responsiblity would I believe have better served the teacher and the lad.
If you disagree what do you think will be served by the procedure currently being worked through?
The only reason for exclusion appears to be that so little alternatives are now avilable to schools.
If your comments were not intended for me let me apologise in advance.

Roy.

Roy.

Thats probably very very true Jake ....
It would appear that it will pass from generation to generation ( as a generalisation of society, i mean )

I guess a person is largely a product of their environment, and if someone grows up in circumstances where the examples set are perhaps less than what we would maybe collectively consider to be ideal.. then it comes with a certain inevitability.

As a lawyer - what is your 'take' on the situation ?

If we're to believe the popular theory - its often purported to be 'the judiciary' at fault.. overly lenient sentencing, a 'snarled up judicial process' etc... but as with everything, there will be (at least) two sides to that story ... what do you make of it yourself ?

Pren - its not "right" is it ?
Something altered radically in our society in the last 10 ears or so.. that exceeded any changes in the previous 50 or more with regards to the way we ( as a society ) conduct ourselves... how we've allowed the world to be run by kids ... and authority is disrespected out of hand.
I've some thoughts relating to how we've had various 'leaders' in the UK who have been 'hell bent' on getting us to mirror the USA in as many ways as they can ... don't get me wrong, there is much thats right and great about the US, but a lot thats wrong too... instead of cherry-picking the best bits, we've perhaps been a bit 'all encompassing' in the way we are following that particular lead.
And we had the facility to be selective - but weren't particularly.
For sure, something has gone very pear-shaped, and its not going to be easy to put it right, if indeed it could be ever. :cry:

Digit":2qkqbscu said:
If you disagree what do you think will be served by the procedure currently being worked through?

It will remove the disruptive element from the class to allow others to be educated in a safe learning enviroment. Free from the risk of loosing their eyesight due to flying elasticbands. You clearly cannot see the issue her can you? What if lets say he had thrown a chisel arcoss the woodwork room? Would it be ok that it didn't hit anyone?

Persuant to my OP, the school has decided to drop the matter and the boy's suspension has been lifted.
The art master has disappeared apparently.

Roy.

Teachers are human too, I recall 60 years ago our maths teacher blew his top, (slammed the desk lid up and down a few times) one of the naughty boys , not me, mimicked him, it was all the rage at the time.
Poor chap never came back.

Maia28":3gokthpw said:
Pren, your wife doesn't teach in Maesgeirchen does she?

No, she teaches secondary in Denbighshire.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine did her primary PGCE training in MaesG. On her second day, she spotted a modest selection of Class A and B drugs in an 8yr old boys lunchbox.

Turned out 'Daddy' kept his stash in amongst the kids stuff in the hope of evading discovery when the police searced his house ... :shock: :roll:

Bryn :D

pren":jwhu3yyl said:
Maia28":jwhu3yyl said:
Pren, your wife doesn't teach in Maesgeirchen does she?

No, she teaches secondary in Denbighshire.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine did her primary PGCE training in MaesG. On her second day, she spotted a modest selection of Class A and B drugs in an 8yr old boys lunchbox.

Turned out 'Daddy' kept his stash in amongst the kids stuff in the hope of evading discovery when the police searced his house ... :shock: :roll:

Bryn :D

Hi Bryn, offtopic I know but perhaps you could settle a disagreement in our household, we have named our golden lab "Bryn" after our holiday in the Gower and our excursion up "cefn bryn" the nub of it is, my wife says the full name is "Brynmore" I say it is "Brynmawr" could you help us please.

Regards,

Rich.

Digit":22iydt7f said:
Who's paying for the divorce Rich?
It's Mawr, now run!

Roy.

Thanks Roy, I can't afford a divorce, I'm too old to run, so I'll just agree with Jane and know that I am right. :lol:

Rich.

Back