as i said iam giving up turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary foxton

Established Member
Reaction score
since deciding to sell my equipment i have got some inspiration back, this week i have turned my last 3 pieces { for now? } i will post pics of them soon , the work from newbie phillip is awesome take a look . if u aint already . and on the subject of art/ or craft. a piece of art is something that serves no purpose at all except to look at. naerly all pieces turned will seve some purposse even if it just holds a few peanuts. so be happy to call your work a craft .

Gary,

I'm sorry to hear you have lost your inspiration - it happens to everyone at various times but is usually a temporary phase. Maybe your mood or situation at present is not right for you to produce work. Be kind to yourself - something will happen to change things and you will start again. Don't rush into a decision you may regret later, you've already passed the worst phase of turning which is the beginning. Be positive and think onwards and upwards - perhaps think of a project where a new challenge is involved. Helps to get you thinking and planning again. Try to remember why you started in the first place and get that feeling back.

Best wishes

Philip

Latest posts

Back