Arbor Extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodgit

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about to upgrade to an xcalubur 806 (my 50th birthday present looking forward to retirement). I hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere, honestly, I've looked and looked. Having looked a lot I am fully aware of the very emotive "D" word so I won't mention it but I'd like to know what the "arbor extension" which is available on the woodford website is for. The 806 seems already capable of taking a "D" (sorry to say it again) so what use is an even longer arbor. Perhaps I completely misunderstand.

To take an even bigger "D" :lol:

Serously,though - I don't know,but welcome to the forum :D

Andrew

I thought I'd better know for sure before I did the order on the internet (this weekend if courage to spend that much holds out) so I rang Woodford and was told that the blurb on the website is a bit misleading. The saw will take a "D" but only if the arbour extention is bought. So now I know, and so does everyone else.

Not so, B!
I have the 806, and a beauty it is too. It will take a dado on the standard 30mm arbor. They do sell an extension but you don't need it. Heavens know why-and I believe the extension is 5/8 instead of 30mm. I do like the meaty look of the 30mm one :wink:
Hope this helps, there's some more stuff here.
Cheers
Philly :D
Satisfied 806 owner

Philly,

Thanks for the info. You've saved me a few quid. I don't pay commission but I am very grateful

Latest posts

Back