Any tool or WW posts here will be cast into the ether...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Folk, please post your tool and WW stuff on the correct board.
This board - "For non-woodworking related topics " as on the board heading.
PIA having to keep moving stuff to the appropriate board. Furthermore members researching tools and similar using the search facility will naturally filter out the OT board.

On this page alone we have:

DeWalt drill offer
Screwfix Bosch offer
Chronos offer
Circ saw sharpening jig

So, please adhere to the site's rules and guidance. It's not hard to see which board is suitable for these type of posts.

i posted the chronos offer- where should it have gone? it wasnt soley woodworking or metalworking, it isnt buying advice...

marcros":1lqtqd5p said:
i posted the chronos offer- where should it have gone? it wasnt soley woodworking or metalworking, it isnt buying advice...

Tricky one that, Marcos. Assumed Chronos were still all metal work related but see they are selling a greater range of stuff.
I suppose if you could be bothered could post in WW and MW?
No idea, shall I take it off the list? ; )
Also, I guess most frequenting the MW board are WWers first, or mainly WWers, so the GW might be best?

What about a new heading for offers/deals/bargains that have been spotted. Could make things easier

Good idea Mark on the face of it but I think member driven posts - where is best place/price for a whatever- are much better value than references to marketing emails.
But my main point was that folk were posting on the wrong board which creates the issues I mentioned.

doorframe":15d6qqbi said:
Is anyone getting Noel a new handbag for Xmas? :lol: :lol:

No but the constant posts repeating the details received in the current round of marketing e-mails that a high percentage of the forum members are already signed up to and the links to small adds someone has found in their local area just add post checking work for mods that already spend 5 or 6 hrs a day monitoring the forum for spam etc. and other behind the scenes tasks may well lead to them taking a frustrated and less than benevolent view of posts and comments regardless of the amount of emoji used.

Noel and CHJ ...?

les-dawson-handbag.jpg

Attachments

• les-dawson-handbag.jpg
    les-dawson-handbag.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,208
CHJ":1ul1vhz1 said:
doorframe":1ul1vhz1 said:

for mods that already spend 5 or 6 hrs a day monitoring the forum for spam etc.
:shock: :shock:
Wow, if you spend eight hours in bed and eight hours at work most of your life is lived on this forum :|

Max Power":3cv3r9i7 said:
CHJ":3cv3r9i7 said:
doorframe":3cv3r9i7 said:

for mods that already spend 5 or 6 hrs a day monitoring the forum for spam etc.
:shock: :shock:
Wow, if you spend eight hours in bed and eight hours at work most of your life is lived on this forum :|
You mean people actually manage to get 8 hours sleep? :shock:

People might want to think about how long this site would exist without the dedicated moderators.
About 24hours by my reckoning.
So I think they are entitled to throw a strop whenever they please.

I think this and the thread by cornish joinery about opening a section of the forum for 'trade' or more reasonably business discussion (which I agree with but the point wasn't made very well) raise the issue that there are a number of posts that don't really belong anywhere.

For example I've been having some issues with the roof on my workshop but questions about stopping leaks don't exactly fit in to general woodworking or workshop tours, while off-topic is 90% cheesy jokes.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It really shouldn't be that hard to read the description of each section , there may be a few overlaps but not many . The trade discussion wasn't even asked in the relevant section (should have been off topic ?).
The only one I don't understand is why the ' post the last thing you made ' is not in the workshop forum , but thats only my opinion.
We need to remember the mods don't get paid for keeping us under control maybe we could make things a little easier for them

clk230":3qva9e20 said:
It really shouldn't be that hard to read the description of each section , there may be a few overlaps but not many . The trade discussion wasn't even asked in the relevant section (should have been off topic ?).
The only one I don't understand is why the ' post the last thing you made ' is not in the workshop forum , but thats only my opinion.
We need to remember the mods don't get paid for keeping us under control maybe we could make things a little easier for them
Let me add to that Steve's workshop build thread then.

Steve seems like a good guy, he's given myself and countless other forum members invaluable advice, and I really enjoyed the thread but perhaps that should be in workshops too.

BearTricks":w1kx2al5 said:
I think this and the thread by cornish joinery about opening a section of the forum for 'trade' or more reasonably business discussion (which I agree with but the point wasn't made very well) raise the issue that there are a number of posts that don't really belong anywhere.

For example I've been having some issues with the roof on my workshop but questions about stopping leaks don't exactly fit in to general woodworking or workshop tours, while off-topic is 90% cheesy jokes.

If it's still leaking put a Q in GW.
Plenty similar topics: post995684.html?hilit=leak#p995684

The way I read this -- 'Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes
Share with us photos of your projects, give us a virtual tour around your workshop or even share your past mistakes.' --

Doesn't mean anything to do with workshops should be posted there , but rather projects inside of your workshop or pictures of your workshop (tours) .
So a question about a leaky roof if a wooden structure would be in GW , a series of pictures of yourself repairing said workshop roof could be put in the projects section.

That's how I translate the sections at the end of the day its just about trying to make the forum easier to use/search .

Latest posts

Back