any tips for taking pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefella83

Established Member
Reaction score
i recently purchased a digital camera a goodmans g-shot 5034tft and im having trouble taking a good picture.
ive played with it for about a week now but what ever settings i change the picture is to dark or to bright.
you all post high quality pictures of your work and i just cant seem to get a good photo.
the camera is set on 5 mgpxl super fine but will go down to 4 3 and 2mgpxl and also vga 640x480.
can i ask what settings you use with the pics you post on this site.
any digi cam experts welcome

I tend to leave mine on auto and let it do the work.

If you are taking pics of smaller items don't place them infront of a very dark or very light background as the camera will set itself for the background and not the colour of the item.

I also find natural light is the best but not in direct sun as you get too many shadows.

Jason

Are there any options to set-up? Metering, for example? If this is set to the wrong option then it will cause your problem. Is there a website where their manual is stored? A quick Google search revealed nothing but those 'waste of space' sites

Like Jason says, I use auto most of the time.

640 is ideal for web stuff.

What software are you using for imaging on your PC (I hope) ?

A lot of picture quality comes about these days if you manipulate on screen.

I too just leave mine on auto and only play around with the flash, ie turn it off and use a tripod if I want to avoid reflective glare.

Andy

jasonB":3fu3bzum said:
I tend to leave mine on auto and let it do the work.
Ditto. Good light will help, and as DW says, photo editing software can hide a multitude of sins. Picasa's pretty good (and free), if you're on Windoze.

Cheers, Alf

Alf I see your avatar was constructed using PSP10 whichin the past was never an apple mac program?????
So does that mean you are still a PC user?

Latest posts

Back