Camera problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Democritus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a Canon IXUS 900Ti digital camera.
Just recently the pictures I take have started to be out of focus, but not all the time. The occasional shot is fine. The image on the back screen prior to shooting is also blurred most of the time but not always. I’ve adjusted the focus on the menu to ‘ON’, so it’s not on the face detect setting, so I’m at a loss what the problem is.
Any ideas?
D.

Guessing wildly, but could the focussing mechanism just be "dry"? Which doesn't help, as no idea how you could lubricate it. (I'm a Pentax user, so Canons are a complete mystery)

Thats quite an old model. It maybe that the focus mechanism has some dirt dust etc. restricting it's movements. A can of compressed air might help blow out any debris. It could also be that the battery is getting a bit weak/old Canon did make a power supply for that model. It was quite expensive when new so I can understand not wanting to chuck it out. A new battery might fix the problem.
Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Unfortunately, It’s not possible to open the camera to use an air compressor, and there seem to be quite a number of software updates available for Canon cameras, and I wouldn’t know which one to download.
I think the best thing I can do is to take it into a camera dealers.

You could try blowing some air from the outside when the zoom is extended if dust is the problem. I think if you take it to a camera dealer they will tell you it's unrepairable or to expensive to fix and try and sell you something new (we live in a throwaway society these days! although here in Austria the gov, has come up with a scheme to reimburse some of the repair costs if an item is taken to repair). You could try sending it back to canon.
Cheers
Andrew

I did a Google search for your camera model and the issue and had a number of links come up. Whether these could help I don't know for sure but supposed to be Canon Techs:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/sip/di...Kv96RRj8YYX4mSQ-wcwX4asigY64vwa0aAjAaEALw_wcB
As for the correct firmware update to go for, enter your camera model on the Canon support website and it should come up with what you need. Look for latest date... all the info should be available to help you.

Latest posts

Back