Any Members Here Fluent In Latin?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreToolsPlease

Established Member
Reaction score
evening all,
with there being such a collection of wisdom on this forum, I thought it would be a good place to ask if any here can translate into latin.
I'm wanting a tattoo done, but to be written in latin.
I've been onto a few sites and have had different result.
If anyone can, please PM me or leave a message here and I will pm you

MTP, post a pic when done. I'm a bit of a Tattoo Fanatic on the quiet.....

Matt - I too like Latin and have got a Celtic band, I didn't fancy another Tatt, so I settled for this! I seized the moment!!

2463049743_6fd3c6c6c0_m.jpg

Good luck

Mark

A book published several years ago contained a main character who made up his own family lineage and motto. In Latin, it read "What's In It For Me.' The character was a gangster type from Chicago.

I wish I could get that slogan translated. I haven't read the book, only the review.

Gary Curtis
Northern California

74extiger":2zbzi1s3 said:
. In Latin, it read "What's In It For Me.'

I wish I could get that slogan translated. I haven't read the book, only the review.

Gary Curtis
Northern California

something like
Quis beneficium mihi est
or
Quis in hui mihi est

Though I think I prefer the former.

Cheers Mike

Thank you Mr.

Of your two suggestions, the second comes closest. The last few words are the same. The first few, however, I remember containing word beginning with Q.

The notion suggested in the novel was, to me, quite humorous. A scoundrel of low breeding who invents a lineage when he comes into some money. And a family crest with a Latin motto befitting his criminal ways.

What's in it for me! It makes me laugh.

Gary

Back