Any idea what would this is?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamino613

Established Member
Reaction score
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-20 at 12.20.19.jpeg

Its the top for a media wall unit thing. in the flat i recently moved into. Is it something as simple as just a stained ash or oak. or something more exotic?

well that's 3 different answers for you :)

googled oak stained ash and found this
not sure if that helps or not.

well that's 3 different answers for you :)

googled oak stained ash and found this
not sure if that helps or not.

well that looks bang to rights! although to be honest without the flash from my phone, it looks quite a bit darker in real life, so maybe a darker stain but probably stained ash of some sort.

Interesting, because i woudnt expect 'oak' to look like that. at least it doesnt on all the timber websites. when oiled / finsihed, does oak tend to look dark like in your image? (I am a novice so no experience with oak yet, but I am an expert on 2 x 4 and mdf :cool:)

thanks to everyone else as well!

Oak is one of the timbers that darkens naturally with age, hence staining to replicate the "old oak" look. Stain takes very differently on veneer compared to solid timber. This often means that not only is veneered oak stained but often stained (coloured) topcoats are used.

Oak is one of the timbers that darkens naturally with age, hence staining to replicate the "old oak" look. Stain takes very differently on veneer compared to solid timber. This often means that not only is veneered oak stained but often stained (coloured) topcoats are used.
thanks for the info :)

Back