Another VAT free period at Machine Mart / Trend clearance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as per title, VAR free on all Clarke products ( yes, ALL) until Monday 25th Jan.
I know some Clarke stuff is 0oor quality but I believe their air compessors and welders are pretty decent.
I saved £50 on a Mig welder last time.

Also, the current Trend (excuse pun) clearance offers on eBay include router bits and a routing book as well as the diamond stones. Looks like a seriously big saving. I spent about £20. The book alone normally costs nearly that much.

I wonder if I'll get any bargains at this weekend woodworking show at the Botanic Gardens.

K

thanks for the heads up. I have bought the replaceable tip cutters to give them a try (note that one is 1/4" and the other 8mm), and the book/stone combination. I thought for the price of the book over the stone, it is cheaper than a magazine.

I bought the book when the original trendstone (*looks round nervously in case Jason Bourne is a little hard of hearing), thread came up. As a complete amateur it's a total bargain. Price of a pint and a packet of crisps. What's not to like? Does say it's the 'old' edition but for me at least it was a real result. Definitely a seller to follow.

graduate_owner":43319uyr said:
Hi everyone, as per title, VAR free on all Clarke products ( yes, ALL) until Monday 25th Jan.
I know some Clarke stuff is 0oor quality but I believe their air compessors and welders are pretty decent.
I saved £50 on a Mig welder last time.

Also, the current Trend (excuse pun) clearance offers on eBay include router bits and a routing book as well as the diamond stones. Looks like a seriously big saving. I spent about £20. The book alone normally costs nearly that much.

I wonder if I'll get any bargains at this weekend woodworking show at the Botanic Gardens.

K

Just looked at the site, doesn't show on there??

which site?

the machine mart thing is normally a mainsheet, and is probably regional. i don't have one for leeds, so assume it isn't on here this weekend.

Graham Orm":24teoyoh said:
marcros":24teoyoh said:
which site?

the machine mart thing is normally a mainsheet, and is probably regional. i don't have one for leeds, so assume it isn't on here this weekend.
I was looking at this last week, it appears to be the same price. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/nilfisk ... m-cleaner/

damn autocorrect. it is normally a mailshot, Graham i tend to get a postcard through the post and an email. you input a code, individual to yourself for the discount- discount equivalent to the VAT on Clarke, and I think 10% on everything else. I have never used it, but probably a discount at checkout stage rather than changed prices on the website.

Thanks Marcos. I subscribed a while ago but haven't had the email. Not to worry I was only window shopping for future reference. I might have been tempted had it been VAT free.

As an aside I wanted a new powerful vac for my shop that I was certain would work through a long pipe across the shop. I've experimented with 2 old vacs on the same run which gives incredible suction. It should all be buckled together over the weekend and I'll be doing a post about it.

Latest posts

Back