Another saw blade question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does the guy who posted this still post on here? I have looked for the name in the member list....it ain't there? (or at least...I can not find it.)

I am looking to buy a new saw blade for my FermFTZ 250.
He says that he has the FTZ 20 and he bought a new blade for it.

I can not for the life of me find the FTZ 20! Is this a typo? Or does this saw exist?

Also, CMT is a make right? what does TCT mean?

Thanks for any help on this.

](*,) RPM

Hi RPM

I have one of them saws but I will be selling it very soon ( it is no longer used ).

What do you want to know :)

Hi Colin,

I was looking to get a new saw blade for it.
The one I have is a rip blade (I think) It does not cut very clean. I think it has around 40T
One of the other problems I have is the fence, how do you set it to cut?
I seem to get a taper and have had a few kick backs from it.I have tried to measure the blade from the fence
but it can be a bit hit and miss.

Thanks

RPM

Hi RPM

To tell you the truth, I no longer use the saw as I like it is not that good to put it a nice way :shock:

I have been luck / unlucky to have cut my fingers on TS's before ( twice but have just caught skin ), the saw vibrated to much and I found that the fence would move half way through a cut ( after the fence was about 12 months old) which is not good to say the lest :evil: .

I got the fence chanced once but I think the warranty is up but I would expect the fence to last as long as the saw :roll: ( not 12-18 months ).

If you have more luck than me and the fence does not move, then I would try a good blade but I also think the spindle was off as ( on mine any way
)
The one thing I did like about it was the motor ( induction but not a great one ), so it was not as noisy as the brush motors.

After that rant :roll:

To set the fence you will have to try and get the same distance from the front and the back of the blade but if the spindle is like mine then went you start the saw this set up can go out the window #-o .

Did you need to know what size blade and hole for the centre, as I still have the booklet ( I think ).

I hope I was some help

Ps I will be selling mine soon :roll:

Hi Colin,

I have had a good think about this, I might try and get myself a better table saw.
The fence is of poor make and does move about, in fact mine has cracked! cheap ally!

Buying a new blade maybe not such a good idea now I think of it. I could use the money towards a new saw.
In my post I mentioned that the saw blade just seemed to "rip" maybe that is all the saw is good for?

Anyhow, Thanks for your time on this.

Regards

RPM

Hi RPM

Getting a better saw or a another way to cut your timber ( I now use a circular saw and ali rail system, I am now a happy camper ), as I was thinking it was just a matter of time before I lost some fingers ( I dont want to try that again [-X [-o< :sick:

If you look at the Ferm website it looks like they have changed the fence but like me I would get a better saw to start.

How long have had the saw as you might be able to get some of you money back, its what I am going to try as I dont want to sell it to anyone, now that I think of it ](*,) :evil:

Good luck with what you get to replace it :)

Thanks Colin.

I may keep the saw for now and opt to buy a circ with rail.
Maybe I can get/make a better fence for it at a later day?

Thanks for your help :wink:

Back