Another Robin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Another Robin Intarsia, Judy Gale Roberts design this time with a blatant use of Chestnut wood dyes!

Phill

Attachments

• robin.jpg
    robin.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,112
An order of magnitude step up in quality of presentation and colour application.
Subtle difference in complimentary shades with just the small striking contrast highlight to accentuate the detail.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

I have tended to try and avoid the dyes but must agree that I think they have really helped with this one. It is one of my favourites.

As an aside, I posted it on my website straight after posting it here and it has sold already!

Phill

Excellent Phill. Really natural looking and a lovely blend of complimentary colours. Its small wonder that its already flown away ;-)

Barry

Buffalo Chas":k55i048q said:
A lovely piece Phil. Not surprised it sold quickly. Very well done. By the way, what wood did you use.

Charley

Well now, I'm not entirely sure.

Some while back I was lucky enough to pick up two huge pallets of assorted hardwood offcuts/leftovers from one of the local builders.

There was oak and I'm pretty sure that is what the base of the Robin is, and a red coloured wood that I'm thinking is mahogany, or maybe sapele (but it hasn't got the banding typical of sapele) and that is what I used for the body. The white bits are lime I think.

Hmm, not much help really, sorry.

Regards

Phill

Back