Another one joins the Turning Slope...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rural Platypus

Established Member
Reaction score
Mornin all..

Seems 'Lathe Luck' is endemic for UK Workshop folk at the moment....

After doing an intro to turning course at West Dean college the other weekend I realised I couldn't put off buying a lathe any longer. I am short of space so I was seriously considering the Jet 1014 mini-lathe, until I saw a VicMarc VL100 come up in the classifieds.

Chap who was selling it is moving house & doesn't have room for the kit so 'all of it' had to go. Now 'All of It' was not only the VL100 (1997 but still in excellent condition - runs as sweet as a (banksia) nut) but about 35 assorted turning tools (all Sorby or Henry Taylor), an Axminster chuck with assorted jaws, and hundreds of spindle & bowl blanks (I need to pay another visit to the chap to pick up the remainder)

So I spent a happy weekend reducing several blanks to almost nothing whilst generating vast quantities of shavings.

Does this qualify as a gloat? :D

Cheers

RP

Rural Platypus":37cw6ucm said:
...snip....So I spent a happy weekend reducing several blanks to almost nothing whilst generating vast quantities of shavings.

Does this qualify as a gloat? :D

Cheers

RP

Not unless you show us some pictures.

We need Finished Items at the very least. :roll:

Welcome to the endless bags of shavings.

Well done on your deal and welcome to the Vicmarc camp - I am sure you will be delighted and you have a lovely lathe that will serve you for a lifetime.

Congratulations :D - but pictures,no good gloat is complete without pictures... :wink:

Andrew

Back