Another lurker gets pulled in!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been a long time lurker on this site, so I thought I should finally contribute, for better or worse. I seemed to have had an affinity with wood as long as I can remember. My late father was a foreman carpenter, he died when I was 5, my grandfather was also a carpenter, and,according to the census of 1900 and something, my great grandfather was a wheelwright. Back in the 1980's, was living in Ottawa, Canada, very close to Lee Valley Tools, still have the sharpening/honing guide, when out of necessity, and lack of cash, I picked up the tools. Back then, I would visit the local IKEA store, measure up, then copy their designs. Now, residing in East Yorks, I have a fairly well equipped garage cum workshop, Mostly lower/medium priced "tackle". Spare time is spent putting together furniture, if I can call it that, from softwood, of which I am lucky enough to have an almost free supply. After an upcoming holiday, I have 2 projects to concentrate on, a pair of Adirondack chairs for the garden, and, after several prototypes, SWMBO has approved a chair design for the proposed dining suite. If I can learn how, I will post WIP pictures. I must confess to being a machine/jig woodworker, however, when (early) retirement arrives, in 6 years time, I want to learn more traditional techniques. Looking forward to contributing more-after my hols, have a good weekend. Dibs.

Welcome Dibs

I hope you enjoy the spending you are going to be doing if you spend too long on here :wink:

The slope is long and fast.

Back