Another Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
About 5 weeks ago I admired Rob's (Woodbloke) Oak box with raised dovetails and said that I wanted to do something similar, well here are a few pics of what I have produced, bearing in mind its only had 1 coat of oil so far
I have made variations with the wood which I have used for the top, some Walnut and some Lacewood/London Plane, the first has a Walnut Lid & Hinges, the size of it is roughly 12" x 8" x 4".

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

wip2.jpg

Martin,

great boxes, very fine proportions. Well done =D> =D> =D> I particularly like the raised/chamfered pins - how (and at what stage) do you make the chamfers? :?

Dave

Sportique":3dxxmvxl said:
Martin,

great boxes, very fine proportions. Well done =D> =D> =D> I particularly like the raised/chamfered pins - how (and at what stage) do you make the chamfers? :?

Dave
Hi Dave, I made the chamfers before I fitted it together, I done them on my router table with a few of them chipping a little, not the easiest of projects I have done.

Martin

Yeah it would be very difficult to eliminate break-out.

I suppose the outer chamfers could be cut even before the pins are cut, but that still leaves the "inner" chamfers to be cut :shock: :shock:

Dave

Nice...they dovetails is tricky little blighters :lol: I won't say anything :-" [-( [-( :-# :-# about the timber selection for the top - Rob

Thanks fellas, my next project is a presentation box for war medals, someone asked me to make him a box to store and present some medals, I hope to make a shallow box with foam cushion covered with felt in the top and bottom so it will just pinch the medals when closed.

Latest posts

Back