An introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treadwater

Reaction score
Ive been lurking for a while so i thought it was time i got on-board and started making a contribution. Its always good coming on here and seeing the knowledge and skill displayed by everyone.

I started carpentry as a bit of a hobby a few years ago with the view that it could possibly open a pathway to a different career in the future. I started off with a few basic bits of kit - metabo bandsaw, ryobi circular saw and sander, and a bosch router.

My first project was a tree seat from Iroko and it was a bit of a labour of love as i didnt have a thicknesser, so i had to sand the entire lot to thickness.

Next few jobs i looked to up my skills abit, see the pics of a side gate, alcove cupboards and shelves and the shelving unit

Anyway to cut a long story short in the last six months or so Ive decided it is something id like to pursue further, possibly doing it part time around my existing job. Hopefully over the summer I'll be building a new workshop (the current one doesnt quite suit my needs - that old chestnut!) and i will keep you updated

Attachments

• DSC02119.JPG
    DSC02119.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_04681.jpg
    IMG_04681.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_05151.jpg
    IMG_05151.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 238
Welcome. Slightly tongue in cheek, I would say that tree seat has a slight design deficiency. Absence of seat mainly ;-)

Welcome!

I'm impressed with your Iroko tree seat, especially the way the stretcher "steps over" the root, that's pretty cool!

=D>

Nice stuff, the alcove set is dare I say "graceful"? The step over stretcher I hadn't even noticed until Custard said so, and that gate is a very very nice design, I'm totally going to steal it :)

"Hobbyist" my pineapple, that's a passion if ever I saw it.

AJB Temple":pt473re5 said:
Welcome. Slightly tongue in cheek, I would say that tree seat has a slight design deficiency. Absence of seat mainly ;-)

yeh apologies, the photos arent the best. You can see the front half of the seat, the rear half is made up of 4 stools that can be detached and used for barbeques and what not.

Back