An English Mount Rushmore?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blame it on the excessively summery summer - which is a point, shouldn't Michael Fish have a place? Or maybe Lucy Verasamy?

Nicola Sturgeon, but only if the mountain was on the coast so that the seagulls could drop on her head what usually comes out of her mouth.

In my first reply to this thread, I deliberately sought to change the people suggested away from political figures and to something less contentious where a discussion about merit might be had without people making assinine comments on individuals just because they don't agree with their point of view.

Sadly it looks like my attempt has failed for some people.

To be fair, most suggestions are non political and a bit of fun.

Don't understand why someone suggested Kaitlin Jenner though - might as well have all the kardashians... No?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have to own up to the fact that I do look in on you people from time to time, it’s my way of holding on to reality in this mad world, though it’s not often that I feel I can contribute that much to the debate as I generally find myself agreeing with most of what has been said.
However, I do feel that you are missing a vital element in this particular debate and that is the location, particularly as we don’t have that many shear rock faces in the UK. So may I put forward my own suggestion? The White Cliffs of Dover. Yes, it’s soft chalk and no doubt the faces would not last that long, though of course it would have the big advantage that every few years the old faces could be replaced with the next generation of our British great and good and all with the added bonus that it would without doubt really p*** off the French.
Steve

sammy.se":1rqpfnyj said:

Don't understand why someone suggested Kaitlin Jenner though - might as well have all the kardashians... No?

Edward Jenner. :)

dzj":1owyt90f said:
sammy.se":1owyt90f said:

Edward Jenner. :)
Ah, ok ;-)

This is not a new idea.

If you go to the National Trust gardens at Stowe (in North Buckinghamshire, not On the Wold) you will see a 'Temple' called the 'British Worthies' put up in the 18th C. There are 16 of which only 1, Elizabeth I is the only woman. Amongst others are some well known people and some less well known, eg Shakespeare, Newton, Alexander Pope and Sir John Bernard (who he?).

Phil

whiskywill":6f6uyo53 said:
whiskywill":6f6uyo53 said:
Brandlin":6f6uyo53 said:
without people making assinine comments on individuals just because they don't agree with their point of view.

Which is exactly what you have just done. Touché!

Is Brandlin sulking or has he/she gone on holiday?

Nope, just wondering why you feel the need to turn a lighthearted whimsical discussion on a website into an attack on an individual I bet you do not know, just because their opinion differs to yours.

I think your comment says way more about you than anyone else ever could.

Great idea! I'd go with....

Roger Moore - with one eyebrow up

Michael Caine

Harry Kane* - well only if helps up win next world cup

Unknown person at Warburtons who developed the giant crumpet - a wondrous thing of beauty that's possibly mankind's greatest invention.

Brandlin":yqezt4jn said:
Nope, just wondering why you feel the need to turn a lighthearted whimsical discussion on a website into an attack on an individual I bet you do not know, just because their opinion differs to yours.

I think your comment says way more about you than anyone else ever could.

Which, once again, is exactly what you have done.

Fred Dibnah :)
What a ledgebob, the perfect example of true passion for craftsmanship,
and the drive that made England.

Latest posts

Back