Ally Pally - Get Woodworking Live

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blister":2ulm5p09 said:
Did anyone else notice Ashly Isles were selling faulty tools ( Cheap ) ???????????

Cant see the point in that :? :? :? Strange

Hi - yep I spotted them and Dad picked up a 1/4" bowl gouge for peanuts. The only fault was that the grinder had 'picked up' and left a scratch across around the circunference across the logo - otherwise perfect but AI were not willing to sell than as A1 as they were not. This applied to all the 1/4" BG and 1/2" SG in the other effected batch.

Bargin!

S

Blister":ath2r5dm said:
I too saw the Killinger KM1400SE

solid bit of kit , not so impressed with the other one with the pressed sheet steel stand

Haha, like the Magma you mean ? :mrgreen: :wink:

myturn":pwknjugt said:
Blister":pwknjugt said:

solid bit of kit , not so impressed with the other one with the pressed sheet steel stand

Comparisons are

Baked bean can

7 Bridge

and no the Titan is not the BB can :wink: :mrgreen:

Blister":3haeni37 said:
myturn":3haeni37 said:
Blister":3haeni37 said:

Comparisons are

Baked bean can

7 Bridge

and no the Titan is not the BB can :wink: :mrgreen:

Not an engineering comparison then, presumably metaphorical!
The 7 bridge is not a hollow box section, which the the Killinger and Titan stands are. 8)

myturn":pge2h3s4 said:
My main objective was to have a look at the Nova DVR and Record Maxi 1 in the flesh, but I came away having ordered a Killinger KM1400SE from Phil Irons instead!

It's superbly engineered and has everything I want included in a compact footprint which means I can still use my garage for its main purpose which is working on my car.

1256605527_zz_KM_1400_m.Fuesse_u.Aussendreh_u.Rahm.jpg

Looks a good bit of kit.

Not seen it before. You will have to do a review once you get it.

How long do you have to wait to get it?

I'm pleased that it wasn't just me who had reservations about the show. First year I've been and I am not sure it will be on the calendar next year. It was great to be able to handle some of the newer stuff (paucity of woodworking shops round here) but there were only really 2 good 'uns.

And wife chat up the French boys? I am amazed she managed to get a word in edgeways ......

Wood spoiler":2whyrvgx said:
Not seen it before. You will have to do a review once you get it.

How long do you have to wait to get it?
I'll certainly do my best to review it once I get it, but as yet I don't know when that will be.

Good first impressions from Killinger themselves who I emailed yesterday asking for their catalog and they sent me the pdf's the next day. Hopefully I won't need to ask them for any spare parts.
My DML 305VS has been exemplary and worked faultlessly for me since I bought it some 3 years ago and I will be sad to see it go but I haven't the room or the need for two lathes.

Exbomz":2whyrvgx said:
And wife chat up the French boys? I am amazed she managed to get a word in edgeways ......
You don't know my wife! :lol:

Back