Allegiance??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason,

Would I be right in thinking that you deliberately swore in your post because you knew it would be deleted? Enabling you to kick up a fuss?

Or am I just a cynic?

I didn't even see a post W.T.F did you say Jase?
I said the F word :shock: I know i was wrong as my mummy used to smack my legs for saying it :oops:
Not my fault the swear filter doesnt work is it !

motownmartin":16fi6jqx said:
Same here, it just bought out the bad side of me :twisted: deleted myself from there, anyway who needs more than this forum, the peeps on here have helped me no end.

How so Martin? Did you find yourself hanging around on street corners and abusing wood? Or did they manipulate you into doing things against your better judgement?

JFC":x43pk5ui said:
I didn't even see a post W.T.F did you say Jase?
I said the F word :shock: I know i was wrong as my mummy used to smack my legs for saying it :oops:
Not my fault the swear filter doesnt work is it !

If I got a smack for that I'd be black and blue all over

Tommo the sawdust maker":wvbkgf0q said:
motownmartin":wvbkgf0q said:
Same here, it just bought out the bad side of me :twisted: deleted myself from there, anyway who needs more than this forum, the peeps on here have helped me no end.

How so Martin? Did you find yourself hanging around on street corners and abusing wood? Or did they manipulate you into doing things against your better judgement?
Basically I didn't give a Horses hoof :lol: now I dont give a Fig

Would I be right in thinking that you deliberately swore in your post because you knew it would be deleted? Enabling you to kick up a fuss?

Well look at that ! I started posting here because i thought i could help people with joinery and soon found out i also could get help within the trade and some hobby workers . 99.9 % 0f the time i dont need help but i like to bounce ideas around and have a laugh with other posters .

Martin said
Basically I didn't give a Horses hoof :lol: now I dont give a Fig
Is that an Enderby expression or solvent abuse? :shock:

I will come clean, I only have four forum names, devonwoody, jow104, manofdevon & devonplayer. No others.

I can add that the forums have made for a very happy retirement, forum members worldwide have even welcomed the wife and myself to their homes all over the world and we have been able to reciprocate in a more modest way.
Last year after an accident in Australia members there came to our rescue and gave us accommodation even with the wife incapacitated on a walking frame.
So I am always happy to help forum communities when possible.

JFC":2o1l8hrw said:
I think i will ***** off now :lol:

That must be the same 'JFC' who bans people from WWUK for no reason other than he's told to by his big brother in the north!

It's interesting how quickly the very moderating 'excesses' that the splitters objected to here have been adopted over there.

Poachers turned gamekeepers.

Incidentally, I caught a glance at WWUK the other day on a friend's computer (as my IP address is blocked).

It has got so excrutiatingly dull that people like Dom and Scrit haven't even logged on for a month!

I wonder how long it is before they crawl back here!

Although I belong to a variety of forums, this is the one where I'm most at home. Over the last year, my domestic circumstances have limited the number of contributions I've been able to make; indeed, I've hardly done any woodwork either. Nevertheless, I try to keep up to speed with what is happening here.

I believe that a variety of forums is a good thing for the woodworking community as a whole. They are all run slightly differently and some people will feel more at home on one than on others. Criticising other forums is something I try to avoid because it creates bad blood and isn't fair anyway. The members of the other forums don't really have an opportunity to make their case.

I like to think that wherever our internet wanderings take us, there's a home forum somewhere for all of us, be it here or elsewhere. I prefer to see happy woodworkers expressing their love of wood, not their gripes with other woodworkers or forums.

Gill

Spot on Gill. There are better things to do than snipe at other users, forums or choices. Each to their own, but the object of them all is to ask for and to give advice when asked; on whatever forum it may be . . . :roll:

Blimey - I only posted the thread "tounge in cheek!" - the written word is amazing without intonation and how it conjurs up so much friction and debate - hope we're all friends now!
I was just pointing out that on UKW I look out for regular posters who contribute meaningful conversation and advice and who are generally reliable to return a reply. Mind you, I have discovered devonwoody isn't bullyboy 880 :wink: :wink:
I'll admit I lurk on other "woodworking" sites but have, as yet, never been compelled to register with them. I suppose to reinforce my initial thread and the enjoyment I get from UKW, I registered with The Mirror newspaper on Thursday (to get my point over about another thread I presently have running here) and found it to be pants. I've been on a couple of times since but have made no further contributions.
I wasn't getting digs in at anyone :(

Mark :D :D

No regrets necessary Mark - I think it strayed off a little somewhere along the line after your first post :shock: :shock:

Very well worded Gill, i am a member of a few different forums too, but i look on this one as home for woodworing, u.h.m. for d.i.y and the others for ideas/plans/pics. :wink:

Very well put Gill -I totally agree =D> =D>

Mark, Can't see how you could have offended anyone with your post. You have a right to voice your opinion based on your experiences as others have the right to disagree with those opinions. Hopefully differences views will be discussed in a civilised manner by all forum members :roll:

Cheers :D
Tony

Sorry guys and girls but some of these posts cannot remain unchallenged

Slim":28kdhnoy said:
I also became a member of the UKW splinter group, AKA WoodWork UK, initially. The less said about that the better.
So why do you still visit on a daily basis :?:

Dan Tovey":28kdhnoy said:
That must be the same 'JFC' who bans people from WWUK for no reason other than he's told to by his big brother in the north!

Incidentally, I caught a glance at WWUK the other day on a friend's computer (as my IP address is blocked).

Err probably the same reason you have been banned from here three times :shock:

Dan Tovey":28kdhnoy said:
It has got so excrutiatingly dull that people like Dom and Scrit haven't even logged on for a month!

Scrit's online and Dom is very busy after a holiday guess it must be the price you pay for being successful

Rascal Woodworker":1jocvfpo said:
So why do you still visit on a daily basis :?:

Because I like to learn, and believe it or not there is some good woodworking information over there. I wouldn't dream of posting though, not after I was slated for defending ByronBlack from public ridicule.

Are you going to show yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back