Allegiance??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just had the strangest experience after "straying" onto another "handyman" forum - not disimilar to the good ol' UKW, and after a short while browsing and not seeing any familiar names, I was compelled to return to UKW - to post this and look for friendly folks like Devonwoody, WiZer, CHJ et al. I've no intention to register with or for that matter even browse the "other" site :shock:
Am I alone in this unnerving possesiveness and superiority?? Or are some UKWers already on the "darkside" under a pseudonym?? Could it be true, that indeed Devonwoody is also Bullyboy880?? :wink: :wink:

Mark :D

I signed up and registered to get woodworking AND woodwork uk, and I'm glad I did, my allegiance is to me :D it's nice to see that other forum members wander at oft times as well :wink: ,
regards, Rich.

ps, travel broadens the mind.

Handyman! How dare you! I am an award winning cabinet maker! (Well I won the dsign stage of the UKW comp. :D )

Seriously though, I have made a few posts on Lumberjocks, which is very friendly, but somehow not the same.

I also became a member of the UKW splinter group, AKA WoodWork UK, initially. The less said about that the better.

It might just be that I have my feet under the table here, or that I have made some great friends, but I don't think any other forums compare.

Aww well - Seen others have mentioned the "darkside" it was ultimatehandyman.com I stumbled upon :oops:

I'm a member of U.H.M., and it's a d.i.y. forum not a specific woodworking forum. The people over there are a friendly, helpful bunch who helped me out immensely when i had my tools stolen(especially Chez the owner) as did some of the very special people on here too.
Wood Magnet/Kevin.

Fair do's Kevin - I was a bit OTT in saying I wouldn't visit it again! After all, it's nearly got 7000 members! and did look good. I think I was just trying to get over my insecurity at not knowing any familiar "faces" :oops: :oops:

Mark

No problem Mark, it's the same for me when i visit a new site/forum. :)

I like it around here. There's a nice friendly atmosphere and everyone tries to encourage each other to push their skills a little bit further.

I don't have any spare time for other woodwork/diy forums. I don't even have as much time as I'd like for UKW lately, but hopefully my busy-spell now will mean I can have a quiet summer with plenty of time in the shed.

Agree...which is why I stick to UKW and I try (not always successfully) to encourage others to push their skill level a little bit further :wink: - Rob

Like a faithful husband I have no desire to wander! I like it here. :D

Roy.

I've signed up to a couple of other sites in the past (including that UK Woodwork), but I've not felt compelled to actually participate.

I do quite regularly post on GetWoodworking.com though. That site's got some real potential with the magazines and everything. It only kicked off last year and already they've broken the 3,000 member mark - within breathing distance of this place! :shock:

It is nice to see other users posting on other forums. And, likewise, members from other forums joining in over here...! :wink:

OPJ":3m4bkqbz said:
I've signed up to a couple of other sites in the past (including that UK Woodwork), but I've not felt compelled to actually participate.

I do quite regularly post on GetWoodworking.com though. That site's got some real potential with the magazines and everything. It only kicked off last year and already they've broken the 3,000 member mark - within breathing distance of this place! :shock:

It is nice to see other users posting on other forums. And, likewise, members from other forums joining in over here...! :wink:

It may have broken the three thousand mark but you can count the regular posters on one hand so to speak. Personally I find that site really difficult to use and so I tend not to bother other than when I feel I really should if you see what I mean.

As for woodwork UK I signed up there, watched as they demonstrated the same idiocy as they had displayed here, deleted my account haven't been back since. I feel the loss as naught.

Cheers Mike.

Slim":jg72j1mu said:
I also became a member of the UKW splinter group, AKA WoodWork UK, initially. The less said about that the better.
Same here, it just bought out the bad side of me :twisted: deleted myself from there, anyway who needs more than this forum, the peeps on here have helped me no end.

JFC":2imfs3pv said:
English is now banned here ? :roll:
I thought you were being sarcastic, I don't mean the message that was deleted, I meant that I thought it was a reference to what used to happen most days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back