Aldi's are at it again!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The router bit set is the same one that was £40 elsewhere many years ago and had reduced to £20 when I picked up a set maybe ten years ago. Last year I bought a set from Aldi for £4.99 and it is the very same, ideal for a hobbyist and remarkable value. Use one cutter and it has paid for itself. The collet reduction bushes that came with it were worth a fiver on their own.
Andy.

I bought the table last time they had it, but only for the switch which i've since used.
I did assemble the table which is all metal except for the fence, and it actually seemed OK, certainly worth the money. It even and its got a dust extractor fitting.
Routers are held in place by three clamps on the underside but I think it may be drilled to accept their own router.
It comes with lots of bits and I would reckon it to be a very acceptable first set up or portable set up for someone.
regards,Beejay

That got a bit messed up. :shock:
I was saying that it even comes with table extensions and the fence is adjustable/sliding.
Its also got dust extracter fitting on the fence.
beejay

The biscuit jointer accessory set looks quite good aswell. You'd probably pay that much just for the empty glue applicator bottles.

I bought the router table and the router to mount in it and leave in there.
The fence is rubbish, completely out and I have fixed a piece of mdf onto it to make it straight and taller.
I didn't like all those bits of plastic for hold downs and what have you and these have been chucked to be replaced with home-made feather boards.

Finally used it in anger last week making trays for chisel storage and it seems to perform well enough but haven't got anything to compare it to.

Oh, and when I plugged it in, the NVR switch has stopped working. Will switch on the router but won't stay switched on when you release the switch. Gave up in the end and used an extension lead and remote control switch that I had spare from Focus.

i brought both last time it was up had it about year worked great
the router worked ok i mainly used it for speakers untill the quick depth internal thread went....... but if i had kept the receipt i could got it fixed as they have 3 yr on them :) perfect for starter like i was/still am i guess

still got the table but it to small to fit my new dewalt so had to buy new trend :)

Back