Aldi air tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, need one of those air hose reels. I've got the old heavy stuff out of my mates factory and it's a pain with small pinners.

Bum, I wanted a spare air sander to save wasting discs by changing them over before they're done but the delivery date for them has been put back until March. Ah well, just have to have patience.

No, sorry. It's a CP windy buff I have already, just didn't fancy spending another £100 or so. I've got one of the 18 gauge air nailers and it's great. One of those "how did I ever manage without this" tools.
I know they're guaranteed for three years but at that price you can't really go wrong however long it lasts, can you?

That's interesting. I've picked one of those up a heap of times and put it back thinking it wouldn't be very sturdy.
Strong enough return spring?

I'm on my second shears 'cos the first broke after 10 minutes and replacement just as bad. Might have a 3 year guarantee but not worth the cost and effort of returning them.
don't know about the other stuff though.

Bob

Hot stuff":bngpeohr said:
That's interesting. I've picked one of those up a heap of times and put it back thinking it wouldn't be very sturdy.
Strong enough return spring?

had a fair bit of use over the past couple of years and still going strong. on first use i pulled it all the way out and made a mark about 6inches from the end so i never pull it out too far in future to save putting the spring under too much strain at the end.

That's good thinking. I'll give it a shot this time round, has to be better than winding the hose up every time I use it.
Thanks for that.

I bought one of the retractable reels and it seems fine. Good idea about marking the tubing though. I also have Aldi's dremel type tool and a narrow blade belt sander, and they seem fine too, although not had much use to date. I don't mind taking a punt with these cheap tools because they get little use with me, and of course they have a three year guarantee. I think for regularly used tools such as an angle grinder, I would avoid Aldi. I was thinking of getting the air powered shears but having read a previous post here, I think I will give it a miss.

K

I slag these deals of endlessly on here as it's complete tut usually................................. I've just ordered 4 retractable airlines for the business, you lot must be getting to me :lol:

if it's a pile of tut I will be back to live up to my user name

doctor Bob":3ku3dqws said:
I slag these deals of endlessly on here as it's complete tut usually................................. I've just ordered 4 retractable airlines for the business, you lot must be getting to me :lol:

if it's a pile of tut I will be back to live up to my user name
They look quite good. 3 year warranty aswell !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

graduate_owner":29t7ir6n said:
I bought one of the retractable reels and it seems fine. Good idea about marking the tubing though. I also have Aldi's dremel type tool and a narrow blade belt sander, and they seem fine too, although not had much use to date. I don't mind taking a punt with these cheap tools because they get little use with me, and of course they have a three year guarantee. I think for regularly used tools such as an angle grinder, I would avoid Aldi. I was thinking of getting the air powered shears but having read a previous post here, I think I will give it a miss.

K
My first shears cut about 18" of 1mm copper sheet which I could have cut with scissors then went "pop" and that was it. Returned to the shop and replacement lasted a little longer but not much. 50 mile round trip to the Aldi shop where I bought it and couldn't be bothered so just binned it.
Might have been a bad batch of course.

Having the hose allows me to go anywhere in my workshop with an air line now but not having loads of hose dangling around, really like that feature and is worth every penny. Using a small 6 foot extension I can also reach comfortably to fill the tyres on cars on my driveway. For anything more I have a standard 10m (I think) hose reel, with this added on I can run an airline to anywhere in the garden and with some forethought probably most places in the house.

Hot stuff":1pr5jlbt said:
Bum, I wanted a spare air sander to save wasting discs by changing them over before they're done but the delivery date for them has been put back until March. Ah well, just have to have patience.

It is March. :?

Good point, well made. I can only blame the malt aperitif for getting slightly confused yesterday evening.
Not sure why they've advertised it as being delayed until the 9th of March when that is next Thursday's date?
Please ignore all of that post and it looks like I may be getting a new sander next week after all.

From the website regarding the air hose (and maybe other items)

"Due to unforeseen circumstances delivery of this product has been delayed. When purchased customers will receive delivery from 13/3/17 and it will be in store from 13/3/17. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Extend your reach with this 3m Connection Hose and 10m Air Hose."

Back