advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob531

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Hope somone could propose a solution. I want to buy a piece of machinery (lathe) Probably no more than 300 kg . Ive received prices of several hundred quid to collect and deliver approox. 300miles. I dont really want to pay that sort of price and wondered if anyone knows of companies that would collect the item and simply secure to a pallet and send by palletline or similar .Seems it would be a much cheaper option to me. I also dont drive so that simple solution is out of the question.
Thanks Bob :(

If you can get the seller to palletise it then I would expect any courier to ship it for approx £40, where are you buying from and what are the dimensions of the lathe?

Adam9453":e3vbhw70 said:
If you can get the seller to palletise it then I would expect any courier to ship it for approx £40, where are you buying from and what are the dimensions of the lathe?
Sounds simple but not everyone is willing or able to do it. Its from London and approx myford ml7 size on stand with various bits and pieces.

Find what you want and then ask the seller if they will put it on a pallet. Some won't - but many will. Some will even take charge of the whole process. Ask.

'Landylift' get frequent positive mentions in the model engineering world, based in West Yorkshire so not a million miles from you.
Call Steve Cox on 07836 736496 or email [email protected]

Ended up using shiply through a guy ive used before. The lathe was very cheap so i cant really complain about the shipping cost. It was heavier than i first thought but we managed to unload it with difficultly . A great deal of accesories came with it which weighed alot also.Its actually in mechanical excellent condition with very little wear to the parts that matter , but covered in oil/grease and a bit of paint loss.
A few photos.
00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Back