Advice Please - Curving a wooden fence.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ransoman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of fencing in my front garden to keep my dog in and the neighbours dogs out.

my garden is rectangular but has a long sweeping curve on one of the corners and the type of fence I am making is a vertical plank fence using 150mm wide by 18mm thick planks, set on 2 horizontal planks that span the posts.

I don't want the fence to square round the corner like an octagon, I want to follow the curve in the curb. What is the best way to achieve this? I have already set the posts in approx 70mm from each curb stone (I am trying to loose the minimum amount of garden possible).

Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Guessing that you're horizontal rails are 4"x 2", I deep cut some treated 4"x 1" into 4"x 1/2" strips and glued and screwed them to shape on the ready fixed posts, making sure the feather edge would fit flat when fixed.
make 'em too long and one above the other to ensure similar sweep, mark to length, take the lower one off, and cut, fix it to the lower rail line.
Some kwik clamps will help keep shape.
HTH Regards Rodders

Latest posts

Back