Advice or help with job..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deserter":39shv77y said:
I've just been doing a new business course, and on the marketing section they said that for flyers to be effective, you have to hit the same houses 9 times at roughly the same time and day every week for them to remember your message.
They actually remember you because they're fed up of recovering the flyers.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

I would agree when it comes to the usual double glazing, holiday, hearing aids, specs, insurance etc etc even though I would be sceptical of their conclusions which are by nature very general. People tend to keep details of local tradesmen for reference in my experience, especially if carefully printed and aimed specifically at that local market which is something the big boys can't do.

Small targeted drops can work and be cost effective if you design and print your own and use the family and friends to deliver. Easy to have a basic template and add specific items which is better than cramming in far too much info which consumers can't be bothered to read. Research is essential and obvious. No good sending d/g leaflets to council tenants or gardening services to blocks of flats :lol: :lol:

Bob

Lons Sometimes people just have to do things to make enough money to enable them to move in the direction they aspire to. It doesn't often just "happen". I know a number of people who have sky high ambitions but would never be willing to do what it takes to get there and can't understand why they never will! :? Bob[/quote said:
That is so true LOL

Roger

Be careful printing your own flyers, unless you are printing a small quantity it might be cheaper to have them printed commercially. Just be glad you chose woodwork as printing is one hell of an overcrowded industry.

Leafleting must work based on the number of takeaway flyers I receive but in my house thats 2 or 3 times a year, others every week. How often do folk buy a new kitchen ? Once a decade ?

Would I invite a stranger into my home, even just for a quote based on a flyer ? Maybe not but I think I would be more inclined to pick up the phone if it was backed up with a website with loads of pictures.

As Lons says above he never advertises these days thanks to his reputation.

In property they say its location, location, location and the building trade is definitely reputation, reputation, reputation. Just takes a while to build up and is based on far more than just the finished product.

No idea what your car is worth but it the figures add up it might be an idea to trade it in for a decent van. Or sell it yourself and buy the van but pointless if you don't have enough mony left to get it professionally sign written with all your details on.

When you're out on a job and the van is parked outside think of all that passing trade.
Don't have a job park it in a prominnet location up town / best supermarket then go for a coffee / wander for a few hours.

Only downside to such a vehicle is security, big sign outside your house saying cabinet maker lives here with lots of tools etc...

Back