Adhesive for glass and wood, advice required please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi chaps
The -30 degrees is only going to be a concern if the bring in 4D TV and watching a film based in the Arctic!:)

Gosh Dick, your daughter sure sounds awful smart. Think I'm going have to brush up on my chemistry and check out the products she mentions on google to find out what they are and if appropiate where I can purchase them.

Benchwayze, what's a reversible adhesive?

Thanks
Howie

In all my years on the forum I have learned one thing and that is that JasonB's advice is always spot-on.

So I'd go with what JasonB is recommending...UV is the way to go. You could always take it to your local suntan salon :wink: if you can't find anyone to outsource to. But a quick Google suggests that many companies offer the UV service. Silicon is going to show.

Roger I didn't suggest UV for this application just that I have used it in the past (glass on glass), don't even know if it will bond glass to painted surfaces but would be worth finding out as it is invisible.

J

jasonB":3c8g0qxd said:
Roger I didn't suggest UV for this application just that I have used it in the past (glass on glass), don't even know if it will bond glass to painted surfaces but would be worth finding out as it is invisible.

J

Ooops :oops:

Howie":30mfhp4o said:
Gosh Dick, your daughter sure sounds awful smart. Think I'm going have to brush up on my chemistry and check out the products she mentions on google to find out what they are and if appropiate where I can purchase them.
Yeah - she takes after her dad :lol:

If you do decide to follow any of the suggestions, it's possible she can advise on non-industrial sources, as she also makes jewellry so has to buy small quantities of adhesives etc..

Tomorrow I'm going to knock up a few test rebates to try out some of the suggestions received so far. Also my glass guy is back from hols on monday so he may have a few words of wisdom.
Will keep you posted on my results.
Thanks
Howie

Back