Abrasive Discs For Jet Combi Required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dohhomer

Reaction score
Newbie here, excellent forum by the way, you have already helped me greatly.

A couple of months ago I brought Jet JSG-96 combination disc/belt sander from Axminster. This came with one velcro backed disc which I have been using, I had also brought their (Axminster's) pack of mixed discs. Yesterday I wanted to change the grit of the disc that was mounted on the machine, so I peeled it off and opened the pack of mixed discs, only to find that they are all adhesive backed ones. Doh. So, I thought I would just buy some more from Axminster with velcro on, but they don't do any my size. The Jet manual says the discs should be 225mm, the mixed adhesive discs that I have are slightly bigger at 235mm. They do sell 300mm velcro discs.

This is one of those problems where the answer is probably staring me in the face, but I just need to be told what it is. Preferably gently please, but if you've got to let me have both barrels, then fire away.

I have tried to think this through myself (a slow process) and have come up with some possible answers; Maybe I should peel off the velcro on the drive plate and use the adhesive discs as this is a 'better' system. This would be a shame as the velcro system seems to work fine. Maybe I should buy the 300mm velcro discs and cut them down to the correct size? (this raises a further question, will my scissors become blunt or sharp during this process?) Maybe I should google harder for another supplier? I tried this and didn't get any success, I only got 'web blindness' from following too many inappropriate links. Luckily I can now see to write this message, what should I do?

Nick (aka Jetman) is in Germany - I've let him know you have a question.

Adam

Hi dohhomer, we do supply 230mm velcro backed discs for the JSG96. If you scroll down on the link below - it gives you the different grit options and prices. You can get from from either axminster, or a local Jet dealer can order them in for you.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp? ... e=1&jump=0

Not too sure why the manual states 225mm? but the 230mm ones we supply fit on fine.

I hope this helps,
Best regards to all

Nick
Jet

ps - Adam, thanks too for the mail.

Doh.
Thank you very much for your help on this Nick.

I cant explain why I didn't find them myself, I had looked in their new catalogue, visited their web site and then I rang them up.

But, sorted now though, thanks again. :D

dohhomer":2av1358n said:
Doh.
Thank you very much for your help on this Nick.

I cant explain why I didn't find them myself, I had looked in their new catalogue, visited their web site and then I rang them up.

But, sorted now though, thanks again. :D

thanks, and in fairness I noticed the individual codes for the discs don't show up on the website search for some reason? Maybe a technical thingy - i'll bang a mail down to let them know just in case - that may also explain why on the phone no-one could find them.

glad it's sorted anyway - happy sanding and your scissors can now breath a sigh of relief. :lol:

cheers
Nick.

Latest posts

Back