A useful tip for Camvac owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterSk

Established Member
Reaction score
Mine just arrived today, and I am very glad that I held off buying the extremely expensive Camvac accessory kits. I have a Wickes brand wet'n'dry cleaner that I've been using as a shop vac for the last few months, which has the standard floor cleaning gubbins, and the hose fits the 2.5" camvac inlet perfectly.

Better news still, the Wickes item is simply a rebadged Earlex, who sell a wide bore hose kit HERE for less than £19 including shipping. This same assortment costs almost £50 from Camvac.

And to top it off, these hoses fit the outlets from the motors very nicely too. The hose I currently have is a narrow bore item, so restricts the suction a bit. However, I'm betting that the wide bore stuff won't be a restriction, so this is also a nice cheap way to buy a hose or two to use as mufflers for the exhausts.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Having checked, the Camvac hose is 2.5m and this one is 1.5m, but unless you really need the extra metre this is still a cracking price

Back