A run round the wood storage etc...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman14

Established Member
Reaction score
Going on a previous thread of running gags about the amount of wood peeps have to use (ahem - honest, it'll come in useful sometime... :roll: )

So, here goes, starting at the gates at the front of the house:-
(this is the ROSE wood I keep on about - anyone care to refine the description (and I know it's in a rough state- sorry)).
wood01rosewood.jpg

Next - joists from the hotel renovation, and some of the 118(!) oak planks...
wood02oakandbeams.jpg

Same again, and de-nailed ones
wood03someof118planks.jpg

More planks, part of the "Free Silver Birch", pre-charred in the fire... and odds&sods under the cover
wood04junkandfirewood.jpg

2" x 2" oak lumps (from the planks), part view (green thing) of outside stored 2x3's etc
wood052b2oak.jpg

2x3's - better idea, 2x bags of battens/ t&g offcuts - mostly firewood, but scraps for small boxes... :roll:
wood06palletandtng.jpg

Inside! Far rack, some of the 135 lengths of T&G - recycled...nice planed stuff, O&S...
wood07.jpg

Large lump storage shelf.
wood08.jpg

Oh, yeah - roof space comes in handy too - WIDE Waney edged (?) Oak plank, coffee table top project for when I have time....(Yeah - right!).
wood09above.jpg

"Dedicated" Firewood storage area (well it started out that way...) - suppose some turners would like a rummage in there...
wood10-firewoodplanks.jpg

Conifers removed from the garden (replaced with 2x apple trees!), Silver Birch picked up in Manchester (cut down by the council), S/B from across the road, BIG Conifer (taken down by mortgage clause :shock: ) all about 6 feet long...
wood11-firewoodsplitters.jpg

So, plenty of bits to get going on, just need most of it to practice my skills on... :lol: also plenty of firewood, I mean they said we'd have a lovely summer, so the winter is going to be awful IMO.

That's where I seem to spend most of the daylight hours, removing nails, eying up, storing and generally running fingers up and down...sorry is that just me? Any questions? I'll be out eying up the knots. :roll:

Fair amount of wood there, still don't think your pallets are rosewood. Would need to see a higher res close up to confirm though

I'm sure wizer will feel a lot better, once he sees this! :D

How on Earth did you get all that past SWMBO?!? :shock: :wink:

LOL - OPJ, - she sent me out for more Oak planks... (I'd only got about 20 on the first scavenge...), the joists came because she asked for larger lumps (making a mantlepiece eventually.) 2 x2" cam free off the pallets, was a shame to leave the on site :oops: .

Does Wizer have a wood magnet problem too :roll: ?

Lurker - show me pics, like now! You have some too?

SWMBO now says our garden looks like a reclamation yard, but she's smiling when she says it (either that, or she's gritting her teeth).

Sorry Woodmagnet - I bow in abject admiration! :eek:ccasion5: :bow: 8) (Can I come drool - er, visit?)

Here is a little handy storage hint that I recently discovered. :D

Take a trip to your local commercial breakers yard and ask if they have any fronts from Luton bodied vehicles knocking about. Given that they are predominantly constructed from fibreglass, with just a small amount of ally on the sides, they will be more than willing to let you have them for nowt!

They make excellent log/wood stores, and if fitted with doors, could double up as garden storage.

This is one of two that I have just collected, and as you can see, they aren't a bad size. :D

dscf8804k.jpg

](*,) :mrgreen: :shock: And the rest...

NOW I'm jealous, and a bit worried I might talk in my sleep. Darned good idea that EddieJ, and you say you've got 2!?

Mailman14":3rgnym74 said:
Darned good idea that EddieJ, and you say you've got 2!?

I'm just about to use the one in the photo, but if you are ever near to Tunbridge Wells, you are more than welcome to have the second one. :)

hmm Tunbridge Wells.... :-k This would tidy up my on-drive store. I have no way of getting it to me tho. Good idea, will keep my eyes peeled.

EddieJ":32b21j3c said:
Mailman14":32b21j3c said:
Darned good idea that EddieJ, and you say you've got 2!?

I'm just about to use the one in the photo, but if you are ever near to Tunbridge Wells, you are more than welcome to have the second one. :)

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Wizer (give over rocking it - you'll scare the fish!), I used to live in Chatham, but Derby's a long way from Tunbridge Wells with that tied to my Micra roof... Thanks for the offer though! I'll see what I can pick up round here - oh, and pinch next doors' garden to put it in!

Here you go... A flat pack version!! :wink:

P1020549.jpg

They are basically the front section of the lorry/van body that goes over the cab.

903519-01.jpg

Ah yes I see. So you could make a framework and sit it on top. Maybe use tarp as 'curtains'

Back