A recent project for grandmother-in-law RIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcndave

Established Member
Reaction score
6GJXY0R.jpg

Excellent,did you have tears in your eyes when making it ??. I'm sure your Grandmother in law would be proud.

I was asked to make one some years ago for a friend of my brother who had lost his wife at a very young age. Although I didn't know the lady I must admit I did have a lump in my throat at times while making it.

A few weeks later I received a letter from her daughters age 6 and 8 thanking me for their mums cross. I still have it but have never been able to read it all the way through as I find myself full of tears and have to put it away.

Alan.

I'm sure she would have been very pleased to know that it had been made by somebody who took great pride in making the very last thing for her. I, myself have made and pyrography marked a few of these for friends. One day unfortunately I will probably have the honour of making one for a close family member and I'm not sure how that would exactly feel.

Thanks for the comments. Both the cross and the frame are temporary until the ground settles a few months after being fully "populated" then they will be replaced by granite, so they weren't quite as special as those you guys have made.

Latest posts

Back