A Possible Work Light

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks very similar to an LED lamp that ikea sell (either clip or freestanding). I have two of the ikea ones and I intend to get more, they're brilliant.

If you look at the Yandles site they have some with magnetic base, I use them on my lathe. They are twice the price at £15.00 but well worth it.

Thanks Waka :) I had a look at Yandles a few days back and only came across the Charnwood at £28.00 with £6.50, just looked again and found the Draper at £17.80.
That looks a nice little compact light! I'll pop in Lidl first and see what theirs are like. I do like the idea of the Draper running on batteries :)

Willy,
The Lidl clip-on lamp looks good and very cheap, but do you think 3W will be bright enough?
John

I recently bought a Bergen professional 360 degree flexible light from amazon, can't post a link yet. I wanted a light that I could attach to my bandsaw or drill press rather than buying 2 straight away. Haven't used it enough to give a recommendation yet but seems ok

Paul

John15":3ob97n3p said:
Willy,
The Lidl clip-on lamp looks good and very cheap, but do you think 3W will be bright enough?
John

It's an LED bulb. 3W should be similar to like a 30W halogen bulb. Assuming you position it close to the work I think it will be fine.

And as it's a standard GU10 fitting, you could fit any halogen or LED bulb you choose providing the fitting is up to the power.

I will probably buy a few of them as they look really handy. I hope they have a switch on them!

I bought a clip on LED in Clas Ohlson the other day, really good quality, slightly more expensive £7.99, but well worth it in my opinion.

Phil

The Draper magnetic lights arrived this morning, great service from Cassells, but sadly they are both being returned.
The magnetics aren't very strong so when either light was positioned, the body of the light spun under the weight of the head,
leaving the head pointing away from the work area. One light wasn't too bad attached to the cast iron head of the pillar drill,
I could just about have worked with it, but when on the bandsaw or anything made from sheet steel, no chance.
Shame really as they have a nice long neck with a good light.

Back