A pic for Mel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
weynavigation040.jpg

06032006024.jpg

i could well be tempted to swop my scheppach spindle moulder for that boat :D :D
was somehow expecting a ship :lol:
can you sleep on that ????
im always looking for digs in the london area
thanks mate

Mel it sleeps four , its got all the mod cons on board , cooker , running water , toilet , electric cool box to keep the beer ...i mean food cold .
Dave its a Headline cruiser deluxe made in the early 70's by Heads boatyard in Stourport , its a river / canal boat . They did make them with inboards but mine is the outboard version leaving loads of storage room in the bilge .

Tim there is a lock every half hour on the Thames so putting the fenders away every time is pointless . Most small cruisers leave them out on the inland waterways . The pic was taken on the river Wey , i wanted to get the furthest i could so i went right up to Godelming bridge and hit a shopping trolley :lol:

Nice boat

did you make that on the Legacy :lol:

watched the DVD's last night and I must get one

Andy

I told you watching the dvd would get you hooked didnt i :lol:

My steering was spot on on this trip and no drinking until we stopped :cry: The bridges where so low i wasn't sure i was going to make it to the end but i did with a few boats in front and behind ready to add crew to get me under the bridges
weynavigation013.jpg

Whoo Hoo! mind your head! I have just taken a look at the Legacy video and boy is that machine something! I knew you could turn spirals on it but thought that was it's extent, am I impressed. Just looking at the machanics of it is awe inspriing let alone what it can do! :shock:

JFC":1dbzd5l0 said:
The pic was taken on the river Wey , i wanted to get the furthest i could so i went right up to Godelming bridge and hit a shopping trolley

I thought I recognized the first picture - I grew up in Godalming and learnt to canoe on the stretch of water by the town bridge.

FYI the bridge in the photo is famous as being the first place in the world to get electric street lighting back in 1881. If you could have gone a bit further past the town bridge you would have been able to see the Phillips memorial - built in memory of Jack Phillips the chief radio operator on the titanic, who grew up in Godalming. I guess they built it beyond the navigable stretch so that crews would not be reminded of the perils of traveling by boat :lol:

Latest posts

Back